Monday, September 10, 2007

Is it just me ......

OK, a question .... is it just me or do other moms cringe when the phone rings on a school day and the caller i.d. lists the name of your school/school district (thus meaning one of your children's teachers is most likely calling)? I let it ring at least 3 times, debating whether to answer it and face the music like a man (?) or let the machine pick it up, thus delaying the agony. Sigh.
Now it's not always a negative call, but call me Pavlov's dog because more times than not -- that's exactly what it is.
Today's call (yes, only 3 weeks into the school year!) was a mixed call. The ol' "I just love your child and am enjoying having him in my class. But the 54 average makes me sad." Makes YOU sad??? Oh, and the fact that he has a 54 is because that's what he made on Friday -- on a test. sigh
What kind of mother doesn't know that her child has a major (minor?) test? ME, that's what kind!! Sheesh, if you're old enough to want a cell phone you're old enough to study for your test without your mother harping at you, wouldn't you think? Guess not. I am NOT following this kid to college and then to his workplace to make sure he prepares for every test and presentation. Sink or swim, I say. But then, that's just the kind of mom I am. Heartless. Just ask him.
:)

No comments: