It went OK, except for the fact that the normal amount of sedative did not work so they had to put in about 4 times the normal amount and I was still quite aware and talking during it (and felt the pain deep down). Felt more groggy afterwards.
Now am doing OK except that my hip hurts like hell.
Oh, and except for the fact that they said I won't find out anything for 3 weeks.
Yes .... twenty one days.
So I may still be hating them.
Time for lying down and hoping it gets better soon.
More later today, hopefully.
UPDATE:
No, I did not get "stuck" on Tuesday, other than the required blood work. All I had done was a long, long ultrasound while they tried to find the tumor, which I told them was very, very deep.
Today ..... I did not get numb, or drowsy or loopy or anything compared to what is regularly expected from a patient. I was wide awake the entire time and carried on a vivid conversation with the doctor, who kept insisting that the nurse give me more and more and more sedatives.
They NEVER really worked. I felt everything, I kept an ongoing conversation with the doctor, which made him constantly tell the nurse to give me more drugs. She was worried about that because my blood pressure was low and c0ntinued to get lower and lower. I've always had low blood pressure, so I tried to put her at ease.
I felt every. single. thing.
And then, once it was over .... I wanted to nap. But I couldn't. So I am still waiting for said nap.
Maybe tomorrow.
They told me that it would be at least 21 days and that the only thing I could take for pain is Tylenol. After about 2 hours, that did not go over very well.
So I called the doctor's office. She called me back and said 21 days was nuts. Hopefully I will know by 7 days. And then she agreed to call in something for the pain, since Tylenol was not making a dent into the pain in my hip.
So that's what I know. Basically .... nothing.
I have received meds to help with the pain, so yay for that.
I had friends who brought dinner over tonight. Thank. God.
I'm hoping to just lay around and do nothing tomorrow and to not stress over the next 6 - 7 days. We shall see what we shall see.
Pleaase keep praying. Please.
14 comments:
I am so sorry that it did not go as well as we all really wanted it to go. I saw this today and thought of you. The author is unknown...The will of God will never take you, Where the grace of God can't keep you, Where the arms of God can't support you, Where the riches of God can't supply your needs, Where the power of God can't endow you. I pray the pain lessens this afternoon. Praying for a good diagnosis and prognosis. Hope you were able to sleep some. Blessings, Mary Lou
I'm glad your home and things went relatively well. Hope you got some rest and your hip stops hurting soon. Love you tons!
I read your comment on MckMama's blog today. I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and your beautiful family! God Bless!
Just stumbled over from Mckmama... I'll definitely be adding you to my prayers!
And just so you know, you said that you are the female Job. We often joke that my husband is a descendant of Job. You must be related... sorry. Not really funny, but we do what we can.
Anyway, please know you're in my prayers!
I'm glad that you are done with today. I think they tell you that you'll have long waiting times so that when they bring it back in two weeks they look like they've done something special. That's what I'm hoping for in this case at least.
Loving you and praying for a restful night.
Okay, Ask Me Thursday??? Why does your hip hurt? The biopsy was taken from where? I must have missed something.
One more hurdle you have managed to clear.. Praying you have a restful night and that God give you the strength you need to get through this ordeal.
I also pray that your results come in quicker than 3 weeks and that they are normal..
Jo Ann
Hi Sis,
I sure love you. I hope you'll be feeling better shortly.
I'm home now...and it went as we expected. You just can't fight the government:( I sure hope that God has a plan for this wonderful little boy. It's just very sad.
I'll be thinking of you over the next 21 days and praying for a really positive answer! I love, love, love you!
Lis
thinking so much of you....
Sweet friend, I am so sorry for the anguish you are feeling, for ALL of the faith testing, and for the wait you must now endure. I JUST read your comment and sent out a Tweet to all my readers to PRAY and come over and visit you...
Stellan's Mama
Dear J,
I'm glad you got through the day. It sounds as if you gave as good as you got if the doctor kept insisting that you have more drugs! Did they give you a time frame for when your hip will feel OK? I hope your weekend is restful. Maybe S3 can fire up the grill for you.
Did you find any flooring you like? We are in the same boat. Nasty, old carpet that we have grown to despise - problem is with B being just 15 months we figure we better wait a little longer to make a change. We got a cool catalog for carpet tiles. Fleur, I think. They looked so nice and we loved the idea of have a few spare tiles to swap out when disaster strikes. Wanna try it and let us know what you think? :)
Love you,
AEW
Keeping you in constant prayer.....may God keep you at peace and give you the strength needed during this time.....We serve an amazing God and He is faithful.
Peace
*~Michelle~*
mckmamma speaks, i go. read your past few posts. . . praying with you. one day at a time. know you will be lifted up when you are weary. it's okay to be weary. rest in Jesus if you can't find sleep. . . you are loved, so very loved my many, i see. now you are being prayed for by many, many.
press on, sister.
kimberly
I came over from Mckama. We are praying here in Pittsburgh. There are no words for what you are going through. Tears and prayers for what you are going through.
Brandy :)
Post a Comment