After I managed to crawl to the couch today I rarely left it. No kidding.
I left the Australian Open on and went in and out of consciousness all day. I don't like this drugged feeling.
I still feel like I could sleep for at least another week.
Maybe all of my sleep deprivation combined with the massive amounts of anesthetic and turned me into a zombie.
So ---- I shall apologize .... there is nothing to write about today. Well, not totally nothing.
Son #3 did manage to get the groceries out of the car.
A friend came over with a bottle of wine tonight to just sit with me.
And yet another friend came over to bring Son #3 and me something to eat.
I think it may have been the only time I ate today.
Think about it ..... have you ever seen any fat zombies? I think not. They're too busy being zombies to even think about eating.
Oh .... I did have two cool "blog" things happen today. I received an e-mail from a woman who is going to link my blog to her "blog tour" of blogs about grief, healing and hope.
And then I received an e-mail from a man who has an on-line magazine. He wants to add my post about the things I learned in Kenya. Now that's digging deep!
So not a totally uneventful day. But a totally zombie day.
My eyes keep shutting and my fingers stop typing.
It's time to give in to my inner-zombie.
Does anyone know how long this will last?? How long, typically, do these drugs stay in your system? I feel horrible and totally worthless. Not too unlike many days during the past 13 months, only without the bouts of narcolepsy and zombie drool.
Of course I could be wrong about the drool ..... I haven't crawled to a mirror today.
If I don't post tomorrow someone may want to come over and put a mirror under my nose to check for breathing.
And I'm only sort-of kidding.
2 comments:
what's the on-line mag? that Kenya post was powerful...in the before.
I was just thinking how the meds were so slow to take effect AT the doc, yet how long they're lasting. I wonder if your body doesn't do that, and in the future if docs could somehow give you meds much further in advance so they would have time to take effect on your body??
Post a Comment