No cancer.
I will have surgery on Feb. 26th to remove the tumor and am told I will probably spend one night in the hospital.
I was told that the reason the results took so long is that they did a bunch of genetic testing to determine if this tumor might one day turn malignant and/or keep growing.
They could not come up with a definite "no", so out it goes.
So I slammed the door in "the wait's" face and didn't even say "good-bye", "thanks for the visit", "it's been real", or anything.
He did however, stick his toe in the doorway long enough to inform me that even though he is leaving, he will be sending his not-so-painful, yet very annoying younger cousin to wait until the 26th.
That's OK .... I can, and will, totally kick him where it counts.
46 comments:
Wooooooo HOOOOOOOOO! I knew it! "the wait" can totally kiss my butt! I'm glad he is gone! And I agree with you...you can totally kick his cousins butt! (or what ever you had in mind;)) I hope you get some well deserved sleep tonight! I love you tons sis!
OMG!! I am so happy for you. That just had to be the answer. Anything else was just totally unacceptable! I was on facebook just now and saw your post. Had to click over and read. I actually am almost speechless, I'm just overwhelmed with relief for you and your kids. I love you! Definitely worth celebrating, if I were there we would be having many drinks on me! You will kick the surgery's ass! That you can handle!
Sigh...I hate to be arrogant here, but I told you so. I'm just really relieved I was right.
Praise God!
Praise God and Amen!! I have been holding my breath and praying for you. So sorry you had to go thru all this- but now it is over.I will be praying for your surgery and a quick recovery and a bushel of joy to be sent your way. A concerned follower. Dee
WA-HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
(or, as you'd say, "WOOT!!!")
I'm SOOO relieved.
Dawn and I will even come and kick Cousin Wait's butt if you want...right D???
Drinks all around!
I love you SOOOOO much Sis!
Lis
Is congratulations appropriate? Eh, who the heck cares...CONGRATULATIONS!!!...I'm doing the happy dance here for you. That's saying a lot...I haven't danced this long since my wedding in 1999!! :)
Well at least their was a reason for the wait. Good news is worth waiting for. I am glad you're having it taken out. If it isn't supposed to be there...it should come out. No need to wait around until it may or may not become something serious. You have this opportunity to do something preventative with the information you have. What a huge blessing! Here's to more sleep and lots of celebrating!
Amy A.
Praise GOD, that is the best news I have heard lately. I am so thankful for you.
Blessings,
Holly
I know I have been following you from afar--but this is great news. God's promise to be with us through whatever it is we encounter is soooo TRUE...
Praise God! I was sitting at the computer claping...my kids think I might be a little crazy.
Love and Prayers,
Holly in OKC
Wow! That is the best news I have heard in a long time!!! And I don't even know you personally but I was praying. You deserve to relax for a bit now and breath - maybe even get some sleep?
Best Wishes
Kim
I think you should kick him twice. Once for you and once for all of us:)
Yipee Flippin Skipee!! WHAT A RELIEF!! Now you can look forward to helping your mom raise Sassy! They will be here on Sunday!! Whoo-hoo!
Love,
Melanie
Praise the Lord!!!!
Thank You Lord. I am so happy for the wonderful news and for the peace of mind the news has brought.
Luanne
I am so thankful and relieved! I've tried not to be consumed with checking the blog, but needless to say, I have been consumed all day with "the wait". So I'm praising God and praying for your peaceful night's sleep.
I love you!
Awesome news!!!!
I am SO glad for you- praising God for you right now! :) I'm sure your surgery will go fine, and I will be praying for that, too.
Yee Haaaa!!!! Just the answer we've all been waiting for! Now, good night and sleep tight! Much love, Cindy and Ben
WHEW! That's awesome!
What a blessing! I hope you can get a good night's sleep!
Love, Lori
YEAHHHHH! Praise God!
GO... GET... SOME... SLEEP!!!!
Leia
As soon as I read the words I said Praise the Lord. "Bless the Lord, oh, my soul and let all that is within me bless His holy name". Sometimes I find myself singing that as I go to say my bedtime prayers. So, happy with you. Will be praying as I wait with you till the 26th and then beyond. May you sleep well tonight and able to go to sleep much earlier than any other night. May His peace flood your soul and every inch of your being.
I know it didn't feel like it, but so many were waiting with you. My new favorite song is "While I Wait" by John Waller. So many love you and pray for you. I am one of many.
Rebecca
I KNEW it, but hated to hope too much. I cannot imagine your lightness tonight, but am trying to.
Yea, friend! Now for some SERIOUS sleep! Nite-nite.
The believers join with you in a victory dance!
What a terrible month, but we all grew to love you even more! Thanks for leading us, and inviting us into your journey. And yes, we know the grief continues, but at least it can be addressed for what it is rather than have it complicated by the fear that the enemy brings.
JB
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES
i'm so glad you're going to be okay. just got to get past surgery! no more betty the blob.
Praising God with you and hoping you have the best sleep you've had in a long time tonight!
what a sweet answer to prayers and i'm praying that this news will give you sweet drool-producing sleep.
blessings to you from tennessee.
Good evening my darling daughter. I, like everyone else, lost at least 50 pounds (I wish!) today. Well, it sure feels like it, anyway. All I can say over and over again is, "Thank you, God." What a relief. I love you so. Have a couple for me. I wish I was there with you to help you celebrate the departure of "The Wait". I love you SO much.
I sent a message earlier but don't see it so just want to make sure you saw it! I'm very happy for you!!!! Praise God!!! :)
Wooooooooooooooo hoooooooooo...yipeeeeeeeee....yeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...all rightttttttttttttttttt...dang skipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...
Love ya sis,
Little Bro
Wow! we just need to celebrate the dimise of the "wait"! possibly directly following CG tomorrow night??? Love, Kim
I'm so happy for you. I've been checking and waiting for an update. I don't even KNOW you and I've been thinking about you every day! I will continue to pray for you :)
Janine - I am sooooo relieved - and thankful the wait is over! Bless your heart......hope you can relax a little!!!!
My love,
Malinn
Praise the Lord! So happy for you.
Fantastic, Fantastic, Fantastic!!!! Thank goodness all the prayers were heard, from far away and from those very close to you. We all prayed hard for you and are so happy!!!!!
Adios to the wait!
Sincerely,
Elizabeth
J - I have been thinking about you so much and am so happy to hear this update! I know there are other sucky things on your list, but ha-lay-loo-YUH that this one is crossed off!!
From cold Connecticut, kk
Thanks God your painful wait is over. My prayers are always with you. MZ
I just wanted to be a part of your Praise Team! Awesome news, we have been praying for you every night with the boys so when I was able to tell them the good news they said "God answered our prayers" How grateful we are that He did answer in just the way we wanted! I'm thinking since there is not a new post you must really be sleeping! :) Hope you are enjoying some great rest!
Love you,
Julie
Wonderful news! Hope you'll be able to rest easier now!
So relieved for you!! -Jen in Portland
God is Good! All the time! We are rejoicing for you here in the Kiker household. We will continue praying for you as you say "goodbye" for good to this icky thing.
Yeah,
Blessings
God is Good! All the time! We are rejoicing for you here in the Kiker household. We will continue praying for you as you say "goodbye" for good to this icky thing.
Yeah,
Blessings
Oh thank goodness for that!
Love and hugs
BritGirl
Post a Comment