Thursday, February 5, 2009

I'm just a number ....

...... and a number that evidently isn't high enough in rank to get someone's attention.

I called the patient advocate this morning. She just called me back.

She called my Dr.'s assistant who told her they are aware that I am anxiously waiting, but he has to review the pathology report before they will release any information to me.
He is in surgery today so he won't be looking at it today.

So there ya go.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think that being "aware" is the same as "caring". I am so sorry that you do not have answers yet.

kdawnmartin said...

THEY SUCK!!! Just let me at em. I am so willing to kick so butts it not even funny1 I so sorry you have to deal with this yourself! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon my darling daughter. The medical establishment of Houston, Texas makes me sick. I can't understand treating someone so callously. You can bet if it were someone in their family they would be treated more humanely. Once again, they make me sick. There are other things I would like to say, but since this is your blog I will refrain. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. I love you so much.

Carrie said...

Well, honestly. That stinks. It's so hard to take when dr.'s treat you rudely. I'm sorry! :( Hopefully you'll hear early tomorrow! I prayed for you this morning! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Janine,

I am so sorry for you. I CANNOT believe that you will not have any information today. This really stinks. Don't they know how horrible the "wait" is? Don't they even care? Damn it all. I am praying, praying, praying that you have answers tomorrow. I am also wishing you a better sleep tonight and don't even think about letting the "wait" through your door - he can camp out in the backyard for another night!

Sincerely,
Elizabeth

JT said...

I know how you feel. The waiting is horrible. I know because, I've had cancer twice. Not fun. Praise the Lord, he was with me all the time. The first time was in 1981 & the second in 1988. Just hang there and trust in the Lord, he is carrying you at this time.

JT

Beth said...

Hi, I found your blog through another blog and it has really touched me. I am so sorry about your wait being extended. You are in my prayers.
I am also very sorry about the loss of your husband. I am the oldest of 6 children and my dad died very suddenly in August of 2007. He had been given a clean bill of health 2 weeks prior to his sudden death. My family, especially my mom is still dealing with the loss. Your blog title is so true and it is something my mom has said as far as living from day to day. You have a beautiful family and you are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

hey, maybe you should send "the wait" blog to their office--maybe then they'll understand.

Di said...

I don't get it either. They don't get IT.
a flippin 5 minute phone call from them- that's hardly asking too much is it?
I get more and more disgusted with the medical 'profession' every day.

I'm ON MY KNEES FOR YOU!!!!!


imthankfullyhis@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

What did I tell you? Friday just before closing you will get the report without enough time to plan the next step . . . Seriously have your list of questions ready for either scenario when they call . . .

Mary Lou said...

Standing with you/for you in prayer.

Anonymous said...

Good evening my darling daughter. What Susan said?. . .I think that's an absolutely terrific idea. I was thinking earlier how they need to see the kind of confidence they are inspiring. Jerks. I love you.

Jackietex said...

This is why people often think so poorly of doctors! This sucks!

Luanne said...

I'm sorry for your wait and I hope tomorrow the doctor will call bright and early with news that will bring you some peace.

"Lord, let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul" Psalm 143:8