Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Ninja and a Note (A.K.A. Fear and Pride)

My dog is in cahoots with the cats.
She is planning my demise.
It seems that has been secretly training to be a Ninja .........



I think she still has quite a bit of training to do (ummmm ... do Ninjas have to be smart?) but I have no doubt that she will, one day, take me out with this thing.  She almost knocked Son #3 out of his chair with it the other night.

I can't imagine why she has suddenly "switched ranks" ......... although it could be the fact that there is now a huge empty space in my bedroom ...... where her crate stood .... until yesterday.

I asked Son #3 to dismantle it and put it in the study. The insomnia I've been having has not been helped by the thunderous snoring that comes from the crate most of the night.  Or the sound of her running in her sleep ...... she must have very vivid dreams ...... maybe of killing me.

Son #3 said he wanted to put it in his bedroom.  I asked him if really wanted to deal with that at night, to which he replied, "Yeah" ........ which sounds very much like "Yes", but here's how he meant it:
 "Ummmmm ..... yeah, because I  am NOT a wimp who cannot sleep and cannot deal with the snoring ..... sheesh!"
More power to him.

And yes, I slept better last night.  I still didn't get to bed until 1:30 a.m., but once I fell asleep I slept through the night.

I attribute that to the removal of the sonic boom horse/dog and ...... 
to a healing conversation..... (and that is all I will say about that ..... so please don't bother to ask).


In other news .....
I am going to follow Wendee's advice and turn a "comment" into a post .... because it's important to me and because I wanted more of you to see it (since many of you do not read the comments ... which means you are many times missing out on some amazing words):


Anonymous said...
am I haunting you by leaving this comment? I can now acces your blog from school. Woot! Anyways... I sent you a letter today, so you will get it Friday-ish.
Gabby is 114 LBS!?!??! I can NOT wait to walk her around Kingwood again :]
My grades are okay. Not failing... never again.... Still struggling with Math. I think I have a 70 in there. But we have a Binder check for a TEST grade before exams, which I WILL get a 100 off, raising my grade 3 points!!! 3 FRICKEN POINTS! HAH!!!!
So hopefully the exam will go well in a couple weeks.

Is CD playing my guitars? Ask him if he would ever want to come in and mess aroud with my amp and stuff, making sure everything is in check. And yes.... tell him he can use my wireless stuff in YESS....

So after spring break, I only have to do this for 8 more weeks! UGH!

Oh and I have a new idea for the Tattoo for dad. I may get dog tags with his name on it and DOB&DOD, sense he always wore Dog Tags. I like the idea. So yeah.

Write me more! And in your next blog, thanks J,L,&S for me for sending me the cookies. Their reeaaalllllyyy good.

Oh, and can I go to a concert with Barrett over SB? :D (passing ALL classes btw ;])

So I should wrap this up. OH! Forgot to say I have Drivers Ed test today for my Permit. I can only say ONE thing. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet. ;)
And in a way to remember Dad, you should put ATTENTION KINGWOOD: PARKER EGGERS CAN LEGALY DRIVE NOW! ADDITIONAL CAUTION IS ADVISED!! in the newspaper. He told me he was gonna do that.

Anyways, yeah, wrapping it up here... slooowwwlllyy....

I'll call you this weekend.
Love,
Son #2

February 18, 2009 2:50 PM

txmomx6 said...
Son #2,
No, you're not haunting me but I am a little afraid to know you can now access me from school!!
I am so very, very, very proud of you. Very.
You are doing a great job and you are working hard ... something you've never really wanted to do before, so I know how much you're growing .... you want to do the work. I know that your Dad is beaming in his pride for you.
I like the idea of the dog tags ..... you will certainly get those much sooner than you will a tattoo. :)
And yes, Kingwood has now been warned.
Big .... huge .... sigh......
I love you and can't wait to see you for SB.
:)

P.S. Most readers are probably wondering why I would post this .... fair question.
I post it so he will know:
#1. I saw it.
#2. I read it.
#3. and that I'm so proud of him that I want to share it .... I want to scream it from the mountain tops, only mountain tops are very difficult to find in this part of Texas ..... and so I post it.

So there you go ...... fear ...... and pride.
They make for a very interesting day.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, no, no! you miss read me or I miss typed!
The tattoo IS the dog tags!
:D

Son: 2

Janine said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh .........
Ummm ...... let's just start with the dog tags.

Luanne said...

Janine,
Thanks for posting about Son #2.

And just incase you read these comments Parker, I want you to know that there are lots of cyber moms out her who are proud of you too!

Gabby was a hoot with that ball when it went around her neck.

Glad to hear you slept better.

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon my darling daughter. I, too, am so proud of Son #2. Good for you P!! He's doing so great. I know how proud you are.

I hope Gabby doesn't use her ninja tools on little(?) Sassy. She can probably hold her own, though. She's a little hellion when she's not sleeping. Not at all laid back like Gabby was at this age. I keep telling her it's a good thing she's so dang cute!

I'm glad you slept better. I love you bunches and will see you when you get back from MG. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

I too, was wondering how #2 was doing. I was very glad to see his post yesterday! I don't even know him, except through your blog and I am so proud of him! I can just see Jim smiling! I know he is so happy for you & P. Milestones, we take them when we get them! I can hardly wait for the day that our children can actually feel for themselves how much we love and care for them. If they only knew! Gabby is hilarious, I would hate to accidently be on the receiving end of the ball on the rope.

kdawnmartin said...

OMG!!! I laughed so hard at Gabby, I almost pee'd my pants! That is priceless! AFV, here you come! I can already see the $25,000. And as for son#2 WOW! I am so proud of him. Great Job!!! Have fun at MG and don't do anything I wouldn't do! HEE HEE I love you!

Tri-Vet said...

OMG, I have to get Huck and Dudley one of those!! I was laughing hysterically when she couldn't figure out it was around her neck, or how to get it off! That is a AFV!!

Oh, and P! You make your parents mucho proud and we (the internets) can "see" you transforming into a maturing young man right before our eyes! Way happy for you!

Mary Lou said...

I know your heart was thrilled to get that email from son #2...I am proud of him too and I don't know him, but any mother or grandmother would be proud of a child who was choosing to turn his life around. Yeah...and I am glad too that you got more sleep. Hope you get even more tonight, maybe it was the tweaking of your meds too. Anyway I am glad. Have a great week end. Blessings on your night and your week end...

Ami said...

That video of Gabby is hilarious! I watched it earlier today without sound then again just now and laughed even harder to hear you laughing at him too!
Does he get it stuck around his neck often or was that just a chance happening that you caught it on film?!
Either way, hilarious! :)

Janine said...

Ami .... I just happened to catch her .... I've never seen that happen before.
And actually, I was lucky to get any of it on video .... she's just like a kid .... as soon as I pull out the camera .... she stops doing whatever it is that she's doing. It's quite annoying!
I think she was too into the ninja stuff to notice me.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Gabby is hilarious! She needs her own numchucks!
I kept thinking, "Watch out Goliath"...but then I remembered that SHE is the giant!

I can't even begin to say how proud I am of P! There was never any doubt that he is bright & capable...it seems that he has finally discovered that himself! This is going to be an experience that he'll always remember...both the good and the bad, but I'll bet that it has changed his life in many ways. I'm sure that you and Jim are BOTH so very, very proud of him!
P, when you get that license, you come up here and visit!
I love you guys so much. J, be CAREFUL this weekend. You will be stunning in your dress!
I love you Sis,

Lis