Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Not a whole lot to say .....

..... tomorrow I head to the hospital .... very bright and early. 
Well, scratch that .... maybe not so bright, but very, very early.

I spent most of today at work.  
Then went in for a massage .... you know, to get rid of the stress before the next stress hits.
It was nice.
Of course.

I've packed a suitcase ... mostly.
And am now watching (kind of) the Academy Awards show (thank you DVR) with my mom.
And realizing that I'm chewing the crap out of the inside of my mouth .... have been all day.
Dang .... I really need to find a stress-substitute for that.

I'm packing my computer ..... so hopefully will be able to make a post tomorrow.
I, or someone else, will have my phone most of the time, so I'll be able to Twitter and update my Facebook profile (or have a friend do it for me).

So be sure to check the Twitter on my sidebar if there are no new posts.

As usual, all prayers and all comments are greatly appreciated.  
Even if I can't post, I can get the comments.
So give them freely!!

I hope that your Wednesday (and Thursday) will be MUCH better than mine!!!!

Wait!
A question!
Here's what I'll leave you with ........

..... how did you find my blog?

There ya go.

Discuss amongst yourselves.
I'll be watching.

Thank you ..... for everything.
:)



53 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found you on "well honestly now". I found your blog at a very difficult time in my life and I'm grateful for that. Your grace and strength has been a huge inspiration for me and has gotten me over the worst part of what I was feeling. I haven't commented on here before - because I'm shy, but I read your blog every day and pray for you.

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you and wishing no pain,a speedy recovery and a quick route to the tennis courts! I must say I have an important "ask me wed. question" that will just have to wait. I need your help (advice) and maybe even inlist in helpful info. from your ever so loyal blog readers! Curious? Just have to wait. Hopefully you are up to it next wednesday! Will watch the twitter! Love you. I notice there is another Jennifer, who writes on your blog and a JB. I hope you can keep us all straight!

Erin said...

I found you through Wendie. And then I stayed up all night long reading and crying. You are amazingly strong and I appreciate your ability to open up to those of us who have never really met you, but need to read what you have to say. Thank you so much for what you do. I'll be praying for you over the next couple of days.

Janine said...

Raye,
Thank you. Very, very much.
I feel my heart heal a bit every single time I hear from someone ..... especially from those who find some small bit of comfort in my blog.
It heals me to know that God can, indeed, use something to horrific to bring about good ..... whenever and however it occurs.
Thank you ..... from the bottom of my heart .... for popping in.
Janine

Janine said...

Jennifer .... thank you!! And, as or JB, I don't believe that's a "Jennifer" so you are in the clear!

Unknown said...

You are in my prayers!!!

Anonymous said...

i think i found your blog because you first found me! :) i totally relate to both what rae said and what you replied for myself!!

i hope that all goes well and that you are granted amazing peace. on the mouth-chewing thing, maybe gum would help you save your cheek??

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog for several weeks now, to be honest I am not sure how I found you, but am glad that I did. You have a beautiful family and a wonderful way with words. I find myself drawn to your blog many times a day to check on you and send you many happy thoughts. You are a strong woman and your daughters are so lucky to have such a good role model. You will be in my thoughts and prayers over the next few days.

Janine said...

Erin,
Thank you very, very much.
Very much.
Janine

Kathy said...

I just recently started reading you thru aka Nancy Drew who I also just started reading and who I found thru Somewhere on the Masthead.

Anonymous said...

Hugs . . . thoughts will be with you tomorrow . . . how did I find your blog??? . . . my son told me about it . . .

Anonymous said...

I did not mean to be anonymous, a few comments back. My name is Carrie and I am from California. I am so happy to finally "meet you".

Janine said...

Carrie,
It is SO nice to meet you, too!!!
Thank you very much .... for reading, for caring ... and for praying.
Janine

Mary Lou said...

I have no idea how I found you. You must have commented on another blog and I checked you out because of what you wrote and I think, but not sure, I started reading you before Jim died and then the way you wrote later just grabbed my heart. Have been praying and will not stop. He is with you. I am praying for those giving the tests etc..that they are on top of thier game. You have a great support team and you have one great mom, which you already know. Tell her for me that she is the tops of mothers and grandmothers. Blessings on your night. Praying that you sleep and get some rest. Will be checking to see what you post or twitter.

Ashley said...

I'm coming out of lurkdom for this comment. I have been reading for about a month, and to be completely honest with you, I started reading from the present back, but then realized I wanted to know about your life during the before. So, I started reading from the past to the present. It took me a week to read THAT December, and I cried through most of the month's postings, knowing what would happen. I'm not married, nor have I been, but I desperately hope to one day experience the love that you so eloquently write about.
I actually found your blog through a chain of blogs. I checked the blog of a girl from my hometown (5 hours away from Kingwood) and someone had posted a comment on hers, and you had posted a comment on that blog, and then I found you. And to my ultimate surprise, you live in Kingwood, Texas. As do I. :) It's a small world after all.
Blessings and ABUNDANT peace be with you tonight, tomorrow, and Thursday. "Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly more than all we ask or imagine..."

Nancy said...

I found your blog through MckMama. She twittered a prayer request for you a few weeks ago, and I clicked on your blog to see exactly what to pray for. I've been praying for you and reading your blog since then. I will definitely be praying for you over the next few days.

Trusting Him Completely,
Nancy in SC

Anonymous said...

J,
I will be thinking and praying for you these next several days (most days really). Thanks for taking your computer/phone to keep all of us in "blogdom" posted!

I think I heard about your blog from a mutual friend at CTK, shortly after Jim died. I've been reading faithfully since. I have been constantly amazed, touched and blessed. You are amazing!
Leia

Anonymous said...

you know that i've known you since we moved to kingwood nearly 15 years ago...but how did i find your blog? someone from CTK posted what you wrote on THAT DAY, i found it, and have been reading ever since.

honeybun said...

Let's see, I found you through a Twitter from McMama. I read the post for that day and decided to go back and read from the beginning.

When I finished, I felt the need to do two things: drink a pitcher of margaritas and curl up in a ball in bed. :)

Fighting that urge, I decided a better use of my time would be to pray for you, your family and friends. What a journey you have had.

You have validated and helped me think through things I have felt in my life, even though we do not share the same journey (the post on masks comes to mind).

Like the first person who commented, I have never commented either. But I am a good lurker! I want you to know that I am thinking about you, praying for you and someday, if I am ever in Texas, maybe we can share that pitcher of margaritas!!

Shelly

Tina said...

I think I found your blog from one of MckMama's sidebar thingys!

I want you to know I love your blog. I have cried while reading some of your posts and have laughed at some. Your words have enriched my life and eased some of the pain in my life. I pray God continues to bless you in all you do.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

God bless,
Tina

After rereading what I typed, I realized I should have said.... T.A.N.W. to express what your blog does for my life!!

Janine said...

OK, there are now too many of you "lurkers" to keep up with!!
And that is such a very, very good thing.
So please forgive me for not mentioning you by name, but ..... thank you ...... so-very-much- .... for those of you who are now commenting for the first time, as well as those who have been commenting for a while, thank you.
I am amazed .... almost every single day .... by the people I meet here.
I thank you for reading .....
I thank you for commenting ...
And thank you for praying .....
.... more than you will ever know.

You .... ALL ... are so healing for me!!!
Truly.
Amazingly.
Love,
Janine

Anonymous said...

I also started reading your blog in the "after". Your writing really blesses my life....you know that you are part of my daily devotion time! I will be praying for you during your procedure, and always!
Hugs,
Lori

Ami said...

Praying for you, as always.

I found you through a comment you posted on Angie's blog asking for prayers as the year anniversary of Jim's death was approaching. I spent that weekend reading from the beginning, and crying a lot.
I came out of lurking after I finished reading and have certainly enjoyed every word of yours since...on your blog as well as our personal emails.

I have learned what to say to several friends, and some what NOT to say :) from reading your blog.

It will be next week before you know it. Love you!

Beverly said...

I really don't remember how I found your blog...I read several months ago, had a computer glitch, didn't save you to "my favorites", and then re-found you several weeks ago when the scare was big.

What a journey you've had...

Prayers again for this upcoming surgery.

Anonymous said...

Janine~
I found your blog from.....our family tree!! You have always (since college) been a source of inspiration to me....from being a wonderful "big sis" (at least up the line a bit.....), to how to be a mother to twins plus some more...., to how to handle life when it throws you out of the game.....
I, too, finally had a Wed. question...we will save it for next week!
Hang in there tomorrow....
Love from Atlanta~
kim

Unknown said...

Well some GPhiB told me about your blog maybe Wittrock I don't remember exactly!

Girl, we have been praying for you and will continue to pray that all goes smoothly and you will have a quick recovery. I will be checking often on the updates! You are amazing and I am thankful to call you friend! Let us know what time surgery is and how long it is expected to last?

Love you,
Julie

Anonymous said...

I found you blog through a comment you had left on Angie's blog sometime around sept/oct last year. Ever since i check on your blog almost on a daily basis. I am a lurker too but today i finally comment.
BTW, i am from kenya so when i read that you have been here plus your daughters, i felt connected.

I think about you alot and i pray for you as much. I am married now for 8+ months and i pray one day i will speak of the love we share with hubby like the way you speak of Jim. You inspire me.

As you go through the next couple of days, remember that "He is Emmanuel, God with us."

Blessings,
Grace
Nairobi, Kenya.

Michele Neff Hernandez said...

Thinking of you and keeping you close in prayer. You are not alone, and you are much loved.

Blessings, blessings, blessings...Michele

p.s. I found your blog when it dropped into my inbox ;)

Janine said...

Grace,
You are from Kenya?!!!!
T.A.N.W. for what I feel right now!!
Thank you SO much for commenting. I SO fell in love with your country .... and your people. I do hope that I can return some day.
It was a life-changing-trip for me. Truly.
I would love to come back and visit with my daughters. I expect that at least one of them will live there some day.
Thank you for being here ..... very, very, much.

Anonymous said...

You are most welcome back. And i would be so glad to see you, as in face to face. It is already so good meeting you on the net, i just wonder how it would be face to face??!!

And i would so much love to meet daughter 2 & 3.

Blessings to you dear one & yours.
Grace.

Anonymous said...

Ummm...don't forget that you will be visiting Kenya with your sister too! I want to go there SO badly. I have a little girl in Kenya that I sponsor and write to...and I just adore her!
Oh yeah...ummm...I found your blog because you're my sister and I had no choice! ;)
I love you Janine...and you know that I'll be thinking of you and praying for you all day tomorrow.

Lis

Anonymous said...

middle of the night...can't sleep...praying for you. susan

Anonymous said...

I found you through a comment you left on LagLiv's blog.

I think I found her via a women in the law link, or possibly a trail of links after finding Sciencwoman via Blogs of Note on Blogger, shortly after I signed up with my blog.

Anonymous said...

What lead me to your blog?

DUHHHHHHHH!!!!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through Wendie...and although she may not believe that God is working through her and in her....I do...because of her blog, I found yours.

Cami
Germany

Rick said...

Started reading your blog when you went to Kenya before.

Grace and peace to you friend. I fly to CA for a few days with family - staying with Bro Tom tonight. Prayers from here and there for you.

LocalvoreFarmGirl said...

You commented on someone elses blog and I was curious. I have been reading since.

kdawnmartin said...

Hey sis! Prayers will be flying here from Chicago for you today and tomorrow. I love you tons and am amazed at all the comments. You have a wonderful following. You. ARE. Blessed. WOW. I love you tons and pray peace on your day.

Anonymous said...

I worked at Jim's company (actually I left the firm earlier in 2007 for another opportunity), but heard of your blog through another employee who reads your blog. It has been hard to read, but I keep coming back.

dena said...

Janine,
I found your blog from a twitter on MckMama's blog and I think it was also a prayer request for the Sundays on Angie Smith's blog. I have been reading your story for awhile and I have been praying for you. I hope all goes well today.....I will be praying you through here in Wisconsin. Hugs....Dena

Anonymous said...

Janine,
Found you on MckMama's Jan. 29th post for prayers. I believe that God puts people in your path every day whether it's at work, in a social gathering or even on the internet to give you hope, guidance, and strength. I have so appreciated your ability to openly express your emotions. I recently lost my brother to cancer and even though it was painful for me I was given new insight through your blog as to what my sister-in-law is going through and has made me more sensitive to her needs. For that I thank you...you impact more people's lives than you realize. I will be praying for strength and peace as you go through these next few difficult days.

Liz

jessica said...

Gee, I can't remember just HOW or WHEN I started reading you, J. But I am usually never more than a day (unless out of town or state) away from reading each one. I had to put you on my links, so that others could be so fortunate as to share your heart and emotions. Thanks for reading my blog, too - and I am praying and thinking good thoughts for you. Hospitals are the pits (why can't they make TASTY, appealing food?) and I am fortunate that I haven't been in one for a while now. My longest "sentence" was 10 days, back in 1992, and it was hell. So try to sleep when you can, and we all are pulling for you.

Stella said...

Ummmm.... I'm not sure How I found your blog! But, I don't remember how I met a couple of my best friends, either. It seems like I gradually get to know folks.

I think you may have responded to a post on my blog, or maybe from YWBB, I don't remember. But, I'm glad I found you, and I am praying for your speedy recovery!

Love,
Stella

Anonymous said...

I hope you have good days, even if you don't want to be there. I am praying for the days to go by fast!

I found you on Angie Smith's blog asking for prayers for you.

Tressa

Unknown said...

I originally found you through a blog roll on "Mom 101." I loved the humorous stories on your blog, and not believing the random coincidence of the city you live in, initally thought there's a chance I might know you (I don't...I was VERY young when I lived there, and older than your kids). I've continued to be drawn to your courage and honesty here. I'm praying for a quick recovery and SHORT hospital stay!!

elliebelle said...

I found your blog through prayer request posted on MckMamma's blog. I am always touched by the words you share and the Strength and Grace in which you handle things! My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Judy said...

I found your blog as I was searching for blogs with some "pith". I find you incredibly strong and you have a beautiful writing style. You handle everything with such grace and graciousness. You give me great encouragement along this life's path.

Best wishes and prayers...

lfintexas said...

J
Just saw your twitters that you're DONE. I hope you can now relax a little and "try" to relax before tomorrow. We'll keep praying throughout tomorrow - please see if someone can keep us all posted.

If there's something you need or want, that's not already being provided by your family or inner circle of friends - please don't hesitate to let those of us in KW know! Until then...
Hugs and prayers!
L

Anonymous said...

Hi, Janine--

Please know that all of us on Haven Glen are praying.....not only today & tomorrow, but always.

You were incredibly brave (not sure if that's the correct word to use) during this last weekend in New Orleans. You looked fabulous in the dress--I'm sure Jim approved. Thanks for letting all of us share that with you.

We won't stop praying.....keep "twittering" us....

A

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through MckMama, I think. I have been checking in on you everyday for the last few weeks.

You are in my prayers. Praying for all to go well and a speedy recovery. Oh, and no more stress!


Blessings,
Kathy in Mississippi

Anonymous said...

Good evening my darling daughter. Is it not wondrous the many, many lives you have touched and helped? I'm just . . .TANW. I love you.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog though Vanessa Delgado's blog - I have been following her very painful journey since last fall, and she posted a prayer request for you. Been checking on you daily ever since then, and praying for you.

Anonymous said...

As you may recall in one of my earlier posts, I found you on "Good times Delgado Style" as a prayer request. It was one of the first times that I'd stepped into the blogging world. As I read your blog, I was touched by your story and could not stop reading. You see, my parent's anniversary is Dec. 18. The 2007 year would be their last anniversary to spend together as my dad passed away in Sept. So, when I read your blog and saw that date, I could not believe it. I felt so connected to you because of that date-although the date serve differnt purposes in our lives. My heart goes out to you and I read the blog everyday no matter what. I find it to be very therapeutic and it has helped me with my griefing process. I wish my mom has the internet so that she could read it. I often discuss your blog with her. You have made a differance in my life and I'd like to thank you for the time you put into your blog. You are in my prayers.

Lindsey T.