A blog that started out as a humorous tale of raising 6 children, then quickly became a chronicle of my grief at being suddenly widowed. Now it's the rest of my journey ... of living, laughing, crying, praying, rejoicing. Of being happy, sad, angry, content, sorrowful, alone, amazed and very, very blessed. And still taking life, one breath at a time ........
J, As I read your entries from yesterday, it occurred to me that - as painful as the memories and emotions are/were - there is and has been a great deal of healing and growth. Your courage to step out and go away for the weekend where you know the memories will be running deep is a strong step, and one you wouldn't have and couldn't have taken even a short time ago. I'm not an expert or anything... just my perception and guess...
I hope you have fun at Mardi Gras. I agree w/ Julie, you wouldn't have been asked if you were WANTED to be there with your friends.
The dress is gorgeous, and you will look fabulous!
Let's see...for ask me Wed...How did you handle situations when you KNEW, with every fiber of your being, that your child was lying to you, but you couldn't PROVE it (or otherwise explain to the child why you knew). How do you address the tearful questions "But why don't you believe me, I am your daughter/son? Why would I lie?" - or something along those lines? This happened a short while back (and involved a sensitive subject as well), and I still don't think I handled it right!
We hear this every day on the Christian radio station as we drive to school...having pictures with it makes it so much for meaningful for me. Thanks for sharing.
3 comments:
J,
As I read your entries from yesterday, it occurred to me that - as painful as the memories and emotions are/were - there is and has been a great deal of healing and growth. Your courage to step out and go away for the weekend where you know the memories will be running deep is a strong step, and one you wouldn't have and couldn't have taken even a short time ago. I'm not an expert or anything... just my perception and guess...
I hope you have fun at Mardi Gras. I agree w/ Julie, you wouldn't have been asked if you were WANTED to be there with your friends.
The dress is gorgeous, and you will look fabulous!
Let's see...for ask me Wed...How did you handle situations when you KNEW, with every fiber of your being, that your child was lying to you, but you couldn't PROVE it (or otherwise explain to the child why you knew). How do you address the tearful questions "But why don't you believe me, I am your daughter/son? Why would I lie?" - or something along those lines? This happened a short while back (and involved a sensitive subject as well), and I still don't think I handled it right!
L
We hear this every day on the Christian radio station as we drive to school...having pictures with it makes it so much for meaningful for me. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for sharing this video. This is one of my favorite songs. I can't wait until that day!!!
Post a Comment