Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Keep the questions coming .....

 ..... OK .... this is the first time tonight (and it's after midnight) that I've had the time to check the blog.
Thanks to you who've sent in questions ...... to the rest of you .... please keep asking!!
I leave first thing in the morning to, please God, have the last drain removed.  I'm a little bit skeptic, because it looks very, very infected and is producing more than twice the amount of "stuff" that it should.  Things are not going "as planned" ........
though I have to say ...... in the past 15 months or so of my life ..... "things" have not gone according to plan.
Not MY plan anyway.
So ....... the plan for tomorrow is to get up bright and early and head to the hospital.  Hopefully we will not have a long wait and hopefully the doctor will take the drain out ...... as long is it's medically "OK", I guess.  I guess I don't want to have it removed if the infection would be worse without it .... ( and it's definitely very bad tonight), but I am so fed up with having this huge tube protruding from a hole in my hip and draining into a plastic drain that's always with me.  

    OK, it's almost 1:oo a.m. and I need to go to bed.
Pray, pray, pray ...... and then pray some more!!!

I'll see you tomorrow ..... and I'll be answering lots and lots of questions!!!
~me

7 comments:

lovey said...

Praying for your quick recovery. I'll be at the hospital bright and early too! I am having a filter put in one of the veins of my heart to prevent blood clots. Then I have bariatric/lap-band surgery on Monday.

My life has not gone as "planned" either, especially in the last few years, and I often think how did I get in the situation I am. But there has to be a reason why...I try to keep my faith no matter what.

Get well soon, your "recovering from surgery" buddy, Laurie

Anonymous said...

Did you and Jim pray together? If so, what was that like?

JB

Anonymous said...

Good morning!
I love your blog and have been following it ever since MckMama "Tweeted" about you! I am from the Lone Star too!
Anywho...I thought I would ask my questions...however, I will understand if you don't want to answer them.
First, what did Jim die of? I have gone back and read your entries from those months and can't figure it out. Maybe I am blind, but I can't find it. I am thinking it is something possibly genetic becuase the kids all had scans following his death.
Secondly, you mention during your surgery that they would send a samply off to test for cancer before they closed. Did they find anything? You call the tumor "aggressive", but that may just refer to its growth rate.
If you don't want to answer my questions, I COMPLETELY understand, but I thought I would give it a shot!
Good luck at the DR this morning!
-AM

Anonymous said...

I hope and pray that it is all going well today.
Tressa

Unknown said...

I want to know about the relationships between your kids....are they best friends?....do they like each other?......do they communicate with one another away from you? i.e. text, email, fb, phone? If all of the answers are yes then how did you do it? if no do you see there is anything you could have done to foster those relationships or shouldn't have done?

I think that's pretty good for now!
Love ya,
Julie

Anonymous said...

Hey! I heard the great news about the tube coming out-Yippee!
Did it hurt when they took it out?
Who is your favorite musical group/artist?
Love you!

Anonymous said...

sorry i couldn't talk to you much at lunch........very glad you got the drain out........i'll say again you looked great!! i know you are not thrilled with the path. report but it's watchable (better than it could have been).
are all the boys home for spring break? how long? love ya, lori