Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Late, short post

Today was a busy day .... sort of.

Played tennis.  Yes it hurt, but it was still good.

     Then I went to pick up my friend V, who's in from Tulsa.  Before all of my local friends get upset because you didn't know .... it's a short visit.  She came in on Friday to spend some time with another Houston friend and she's going home tomorrow.  
     We went out for lunch with her friend, SK, who I've known since we were freshmen in college (she and V have known each other since Jr. High), SK's mom and another friend.
     Then I took V to work with me while I took care of part of my job.
     Then we came home, I got my mail and then discovered that my Russian visa had come.  So I then spent the next hour and a half looking for the best deal on a ticket to Russia.  
Here's the deal:
There are no deals.
Oh well.
So, I have my visa and I now have my ticket and so I am Russia-bound, come the middle of May.

     We then had dinner and I went to Grief Share.
I got home around 9:00 and we chatted and watched a bit of TV while I did needlepoint and she kept checking on Stellan (still not out of the woods).

And now it's after midnight .... my eyes are tired.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my wonderful doctor, so she can see how I'm doing on the meds, and then I will spend more time just "being"with V, before I have to take her to the airport.
Son #3 has a track meet so we shall see how high he can vault a pole.  
And then I will spend the evening with some girlfriends.  

And sometime in there I will do more needlepoint (a wedding gift for a wedding this weekend .... I'm helping out a friend) and compose my first "Widow's Voice" blog post for Wednesday.

And .... you will ask me the searing questions that you've been dying to ask.
Right?

OK .... that's it ..... I need to go to bed.

I know ..... it's an exciting life, but someone has to lead it.

:)

3 comments:

Nat said...

Enjoy your time with V and give her my love!

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm tired just reading it all. Uh...yeah....I would say exciting, Russia in May. Do tell V that when she gets back we could go to dinner sometime, I mean she and Susan and I are just a few miles from each other and no plane is involved. So I guess you could fly this way and we could all have dinner! Good thought! Glad to see the happy in your post!
Pray for you daily!
Love,
Julie

kdawnmartin said...

Miss you tons Janine! Can't wait for AMW...have I got one for ya! Love ya!