Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Not much to say ......

...... the day has been cloudy ...... which seems to have gone along with my mood.
A quiet day.  
I went to work this morning ..... I had really looked forward to that, but it was more "somber" than I had anticipated.  Just one of those days.  It happens.
I went to a movie with a good friend this afternoon, but unfortunately my lack of sleep caught up with me and I slept through most of it.  Guess I'll have to see it again to see if I like it.
Son #3 went to his Confirmation class tonight and I stayed home.  I was not looking forward to that ..... the nights have not been so great lately, but tonight was OK.  I stayed busy with laundry, bills, e-mails, etc. and did OK.
It's so frustrating to have a good day like yesterday and then to have a not-so-good-day like today.  VERY frustrating.  I want more good days.  I know that they will come ..... but that it takes time.  It's a long road.  I am not a patient person, though it seems to be something I've been forced to learn for 15 months.
I'm glad you all enjoyed the snoring video .... I'll have to see what else I can come up with to give you more glimpses of my life!
I need sleep .... restful sleep.
Hopefully (there's always hope) that will come tonight.

As for tomorrow ....... it's Ask Me Wednesday ...... so think of something to ask .... to keep me occupied ...... and to find out all of the deep, dark secrets ...... or "advice" ...... you'd like to ask!!

Have a good night!

8 comments:

kikibibi said...

My question for AMW: Will you pray for me?
I hate to ask, because you clearly have way more going on in your life, but I'm struggling. Lots of things, but the biggest is that I haven't talked to my mom in a month... it's terrible, and I'm a terrible daughter. She has depression, and I just can't deal with it. I make up the excuse to myself that she has 3 other daughters and they're all in contact, so she doesn't really need me. Plus I live far away, so out of sight, out of mind. My kids call once a week, so she knows I'm alive. I just don't know what to say. Oh man, that's just a cop out. I hate myself for this. Please pray and help me break through this stupid mental block that prevents me from picking up the damn phone. I suck.

Anonymous said...

J

Thanks for your honesty (the bad day after the good day). It helps us feel safe with you. Kikibibi's request speaks to that. And though she didn't ask me, I will pray for her. What she is facing is no small thing.

JB

Anonymous said...

What originally attracted you to Law School? Wht type of law did you want to practice?


JB

lfintexas said...

J,
Hope you had a good night's sleep, and a better day today. Unfortunately, I think the clouds and rain are hanging in for another day or so...

AMW - My kids are doing a timeline of their life at school, and it involved an interview of their parent(s) about what our life was like at that age (2nd grade/elementary school). My memory is so bad, I had to google a couple of things just to remember what was around at that time - LOL.
So, on that note, here are a few of the questions...EVERYONE - feel free to join in and answer as many as you like!

1. Favorite TV show, movie?
2. What was your school like?
3. What kind of lunch box did you have?
4. What kind of clothes did you wear?
5. What chores did you have?
6. What did you do in your spare time?
7. What was your favorite subject in school?
8. Who was president and what big events were in the news?

Have fun!
L

jessica said...

Okay - I'll be completely crude and ask: Wasn't there a photo that you were promising/threatening to post, showing your surgical "wound"? Interestingly enough, I had my hubby take a photo of me in a bathing suit (yeah - that was when I could actually appear in public in one!), so my family could see my scar (ran from the collarbone down to the bottom of the sternum). But as I said, I was much, much younger then...

J, I know it is not any help for you, but as one who has been there twice, your pain WILL fade in time. It happens so slowly, that you will probably wake up some morning and realize that it is much less painful to move and get out of bed. I know that is NO help to you right now, but (as with other things we have faced) time is a big help with healing.

I am so sorry for the depression that you are also battling. I did not have to deal with that, but you sure make me realize just what a big battle that is. {{HUGS}} to you.

kdawnmartin said...

My question for you would be...what are some of your fond memories of our childhood?? Just wondering if we have any of the same. Love you sis! Hope today was better than yesterday.

Judy said...

I was curious how the older people in your church can do the Mentary (sp), if they can't get down on the floor or stand for the entire liturgy?
Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Dear J,
Frivolous question I know, but Pygmalion with Leslie Howard was on when I woke up - make that B woke me up - at 5 this morning. Of course I thought of Gone With the Wind and you. Here's my question: how did you always imagine things went for Scarlett after the end of the movie? Do you think she got Rhett back? I always thought so, but I always go for the happy ending and since I haven't read the book, I wondered what you thought.
Love you,
AEW