Saturday, March 28, 2009

T.A.N.W.

My aunt sent me this picture tonight.   It's from a visit we paid her back in late summer of 2007 (you know, THE year).  
  One of her grandsons is standing behind the couch, on the left.  Son #2 is standing behind it, on the right.
Sitting on the couch, from left to right .... Son #1, Daughter #2, my aunt's youngest grandson, Daughter #3 and Son #3.
 

It's a good picture ........  although it made me cry ......... because ..........

..... when you look in the mirror, behind them ...... you can see Jim ..... watching everything that was going on.

So ..... T.A.N.W. and I am done for the night ............

13 comments:

Mom said...

Good evening my darling daughter.
Awww. . .what a great picture. I love you so very much.

purejoy said...

i know it's not the ask a question day, but i've been meaning to ask. . . what is TANW?
by the way, that is an awesome thing that jim is in the picture. so incredibly neat. like he's always going to be watching everything that is going on.
hope your hip is feeling better.
blessings to you
kimberly

kim said...

What an incredible picture. Love you, K

Janine said...

T.A.N.W.---- mean.....There are no words. For whatever reason, that's all.

Teresa said...

Wow, that picture took my breath away. How cool to have that now, kinda symbolic I guess. Thanks for sharing.

Judy said...

Thanks for explaining T.A.N.W., I didn't know what it meant either.

What an awesome picture.

jessica said...

Wow, J - a "tingly" moment when I read your explanation of that photo. A foreshadowing of what was to come. You KNOW that he is watching over you and yours.

susn said...

I think this picture is profound...because even though we can no longer see Jim, he is reflected every time you look at your children! Praise God for this beautiful shot.

Nat said...

You are so right-T.A.N.W., just a lot of emotion and love.
Love you.

Anonymous said...

Janine, I will try not to make this too long, but more of a short explanation. I just found your blog through a widow's match. Yes, unfortunately, I am now a member of the worst club ever. My wonderful husband, Johnny, died thirteen weeks ago, the day after Christmas. I actually went back in your blog to the day you also became a member, and I am only at May 3rd of 2008. I did get your email address from April 22,08. I do hope it is still that same address, as I have emailed you. I am experiencing so many of the same thoughts and emotions that you have gone through. I need help. The love of my life....gone, and I know you know how this feels. Please be looking for my email. I feel desperate at times here. Oh, I'm sorry, I should be thanking you for your blog, it has given me hope, and I am so very sorry for what you have gone through and your loss. Jax

Anonymous said...

Janine,

I BELIEVE that Jim is doing exactly that...watching everything that each of you do. He's watching W. in Russia, L, K and S at college, P at military school and you and C at home! I believe he is also bursting with pride over all of you and seeing all of your accomplishments and surrounding you with his undying love....

lfintexas said...

Janine,
What a great picture. Susan, I loved your comment and the part about Jim reflected in the children.

Jax - I'm so sorry. We're all praying for you on this difficult journey. May you find some comfort and peace through Janine's sharing and incredible gift or writing.
L

wondle said...

WOW! What a wonderful picture, on so many levels. T.A.N.W. is the perfect description.