Thursday, April 2, 2009

And so it begins .... again ....

..... the destruction/remodeling of my home:

I'm going from a bright, lemon yellow in my living room to ..... well, something less bright.  The color of the largest sample here does not do it justice.  It looks more yellow (and less "sand") up close and personal.  The smaller samples look too much like the old color (which I adore, but I think it's time for a change ... something deeper to go with the kitchen, I think.).
Anyway .... here are some paint samples:



   The inside of my bookshelves went from a dark green to the dark blue that is in my kitchen.  I like it.  These have always had glass doors on them, but now I am pondering keeping them door-less.  This is also supposed to show you what a mess the living room is .... everything (the furniture, the books, the pictures ... everything!) is piled in the middle of the room, but you can't really see it all:




     This is part of the wood that will be part of my new staircase.  When the men brought these in yesterday I thought I was going to have a heart attack ... I wasn't expecting them and I wondered if this meant that my stair case would be ripped out that day (yesterday).  My contractor assured me that she would give me much more notice than a couple of minutes.
Let's all hope so ..... or things could get very ugly around here:

     OK, that's it for today.  I am exhausted.
I feel like I've gone 5 steps (or 500) back.  I am emotionally exhausted a lot of the time now.  I feel like I could spend all day in bed and just sleep and sleep and sleep.
I thought I was past that part ...... but I think my brain is starting to revolt against all of the information its been receiving .... against its will.  So it's formally shutting down ..... and shutting down my system.

     So no funny stories, no cute videos of the dogs (though I do have a couple) .... nothing special tonight.
     I'm tired. 
     I'm going to bed.

I have my first "real" USTA match tomorrow since my surgery.  Hopefully we can hide my state of mind and body from the other team.
Hopefully.

Good night, Peeps ...... I hope you all sleep well.
:)

4 comments:

kdawnmartin said...

Love the new color's! I'm sure it will look great. can't wait to see it in person! Good luck on your matches today and have fun. What a great way to let loose and forget about your worries for a few hours! Love you tons and as always your in my prayers.

kdawnmartin said...

P.S. Loved your post on Widows Voice. You have such a talent!

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you to have many reasons to smile today.

Raye said...

I love the yellow and blue color combination, very aesthetically pleasing.