Happy Wednesday, my Peeps, although since it is now 11:15 p.m., it's technically Happy Thursday for many of you.Sorry about that ...... I haven't been home today so now I'm rushing to get this post done before it turns in to "Ask Me Thursday".
Today was a somberly good day. I'd be lying if I told you that I'm totally fine with the whole "tumor" thing. I am not.
Not. At. All.
And the inside of my mouth shows it.
Yes, we all know that I chew the inside of my mouth when I'm stressed. But I also found out in the last year or so, that when my body is feeling stress the inside of my mouth breaks out with sores (yes, I suppose it IS some kind of herpes thing, although not THAT kind).
I find this a bit fascinating, albeit very painful, because I don't realize how much stress I'm actually experiencing until I realize how sore the inside of my mouth is.
It's pretty bad at the moment.
I'm planning on e-mailing my surgeon tomorrow to see if we can move the MRI up by a couple of months. I'm not good with waiting until July.
Not. At. All.
So we'll see what(or if) he says.
I played a bit of tennis this morning. Lost one set ..... won the next. It felt good to be out, even in the midst of pain.
Then I went to lunch with a couple of wonderful friends who inspired me to forego my plans to go to work and to, instead, just hang with them.
I needed that.
And it was nice.
And then I had two meetings at church, and then the church service and then I hung out with two people who love me as their own, while she and I worked like mad women trying to finish needlepointing a pair of pillowcases (for her nephew's wedding, which is Saturday).
Sad to say .... the happy couple will not be receiving a finished pair of pillow cases. Unless the embroidery fairy happens to pop in over the next 2 evenings.
Oh well. Maybe they won't notice?
Before I head into the questions .... I wanted to tell you about something else I saw on my medical report from the surgeon.
I thought it was ......... well, I don't know what I thought it was ....... but here's what it said:
"Mrs. txmomx6 is a nice woman with a history of a T2 blah blah blah blah blah ...."
So there you have it ........ in black and white:
I am a nice woman.
*Nat:
Here is my question-
Why are you relocating your staircase?
I also saw someone on The Today Show who has my dream job ..... seriously.
She was called "The Mommy Whisperer".
Yes. Seriously.
Oh my goodness ..... what I'd give for a job like that. Kind of like "Super Nanny". I'd totally LOVE to have that job!
Unfortunately I wasn't watching the show closely enough to know who she really is and what qualifies her to be a "Mommy Whisperer".
All I know is that she can't possibly be a mother to any children ........ no freakin' way.
Because then she'd at least be called the "Mommy Screamer".
I mean really.
Give me a break.
OK .... on to the questions.....
Here is my question-
Why are you relocating your staircase?
Actually, Nat ... I'm not. But since I'm changing it to wood it seems that the whole thing has to be torn out and re-done. Don't ask me why. I'm sure it has something to do with my contractor's need for a summer vacation or something.
*AMW - needlepoint - do needlepoint projects have patterns like crossstitch? The only ones I have seen already have the design on them and you just fill in the background. Which made me wonder what was the point of needlepoint? Seriously, I have wondered for years (sad but true that my mind works this way).
Love you,
AEW
*AMW - needlepoint - do needlepoint projects have patterns like crossstitch? The only ones I have seen already have the design on them and you just fill in the background. Which made me wonder what was the point of needlepoint? Seriously, I have wondered for years (sad but true that my mind works this way).
Love you,
AEW
AEW, the needlepoint for these pillowcases did have a pattern. It included several different types of embroidery ..... cross stitch, french knots, satin stitch, back stitch, lazy dazies ..... you name it, it was on there. It was very involved.
I'm not sure I've ever seen one where you just fill in the back ground ..... sounds much easier though!
*I have received a lot of e-mails asking why the surgeon did not tell me about the tumor still being inside of me.
*I have received a lot of e-mails asking why the surgeon did not tell me about the tumor still being inside of me.
To this I have to answer ...... I have no idea. I know that several people in the hospital heard different doctors at different times tell me that they "got it all". Not quite sure how they could say that since they didn't have the final path report, but there ya go.
And, he did tell me that the report came back positive. I must have just assumed that he only meant positive for pre-C ..... it never entered my mind that he meant it included the part of the tumor that he couldn't get.
Whatever. I'm still stunned, and it doesn't really help for me to start pointing fingers and blaming people for being bad (OK, HORRID) communicators.
It is what it is ..... and it's still inside of me.
Only time will tell if it will decide to grow back. Of course, anyone who wants to pray for complete healing from this would be highly encouraged to do so.
I cannot. I don't have it in me anymore.
Maybe one day.
But this day ...... I feel as if I'm talking into a deaf ear.
I can, and do, pray for others ..... but not for myself. It seems to have a backwards effect.
No sermons please ..... it is what it is ..... for now.
*Remember how you and dad always told us that God had blessed our family in "so many ways"? Sometimes I wonder what changed his mind... you know?
- Son #2
Dear Son #2 ..... Yes, I recall that. We said it a lot. It was true. It continues to be true. We may not always see the blessings, or feel them, but they are there none the less.
You asked a very good ..... and very spot-on question.
Yes, I know.
We are blessed ...... but some things still suck.
I love you ..... so very much.
*Susan:
now for AMW--could you choose radiation or some other treatment to get those nasty pre-c cells outta there? I know it's not my usual amusing or child-rearing question, but was just wondering.
Susan,
That's exactly what I intend to ask my surgeon when I e-mail him to move the date up. I'm not feeling much encouragement, because of the rarity and aggressiveness of the tumor, but I'm dang well going to ask!!!
And I will keep you posted.
OK, my Peeps ..... it's 11:45 p.m.
I just made it under the wire.
Whew!
Thanks for sending them in ..... and keeping my mind occupied.
I shall now hopefully go to bed ..... and to sleep.
5 comments:
Well I couldn't sleep so I decided to check out your blog. Soooo very glad you are moving the MRI up a couple of months. I think I would probably want one every month just to keep an eye on "you know what". Glad you are going to ask the doc about radiation--perhaps it is too deep for that, but...what the heck...you can always ask. We have to be our own health car advocates...ask anything you want to ask. Remember, the doc is working for you! You have every right to know anything you have a question on.
Totally forgot about AMW DUH! Oh well, my question was kinda more of a rant than a question because I all ready know what your answer would be, so maybe next week. I'm sure I will be over it by then anyway, kinda already over it now. Anywho...love you tons and I'm looking forward to your visit!! ;)
Oh, you were doing embroidery! To me needlepoint is something different. That falls under faulty assumption #whatever - that words have meaning. I paid attention in speech at OSU, but there weren't any long legged boys to trip me :)
I got my first job because of faulty assumption #whatever. It was a part-time job at an accounting firm in MS. During the interview I was asked if I could use a calculator. I wondered who couldn't, and said of course I can. My boss brought me a LOOONG spreadsheet to add up on my first day. I thought, this is going to take FOREVER and asked for a calculator. He pointed to the desk in front of me... I looked down and said, "That's an ADDING MACHINE - I've never used one of THOSE!" We laughed about it later and I spent a lot of time footing the phone book for practice.
Love you,
AEW
Oh, my goodness, I think my heart just broke when I read your son's question (and I'm sure yours did, too)! I am praying for your family, and I am proud of you for still believing & sharing that God IS blessing you even through all you're going through. You are truly such a strong woman of Christ, Janine. Thank you for all you share on here.
from the craft lady: it's embroidery if you are using floss, crewel work if you are using yarn, and needlepoint if you are filling in the entire background with "half stitches", cross stitch if you are using "x's". just so you know.
Post a Comment