Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Not what I expected to feel ....

     So I came home from work today around 4:30, hoping that I had avoided most of the remodeling work.
Ummmmmm ..... wouldn't one think, that by 4:30, most everything would be done for the day?  
Well, one would be wrong.
I'm not sure what time they began, but it appeared that it had not been all that long and one guy even came in right behind me to start working.  
So Son #3 and I fled the house and went to have an early dinner.

     But not before I checked my e-mails and saw that I had a message from the surgeon's office.
They have set the MRI and associated blood work for April 28th.  I return the next morning to get the results from the surgeon.
I did not feel what I expected to feel ..... which was mainly relief.  
Instead, I felt a sick wave of fear sweep through me.

I'm tired.

Of ...... well, of too much to mention.

I wish it were possible to be put into a coma for about 3 months.  
I wonder if it is?
I bet if I looked into it ...... possibly in Mexico or somewhere south of here, I could find some kind of doctor who would agree to put me into a coma.
I wonder what I'd have to google to find that out?  Self-induced coma?  Quack-induced coma?

Really though ..... I need a break.  
And it seems to me that a coma may be the only way to achieve that.

I shall do some research and let you know what I come up with.

In the meantime ..... tomorrow is "Ask Me Wednesday", so ask away.

And .... unless I'm on a plane to Rio tomorrow ..... I'll stay busy answering you.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't find any coma specialists in Rio. At least not via google.
JB

Leslie said...

I'm not surprised by what you feel. I think the waves of "tough things" continue to roll in, even if they are sometimes viewed as positive "tough things". I know they all must take a toll. I'm so glad you have the support system you have to help you as much as they can with all of this. Just an FYI - I continue to enjoy the photos of Jim and the kids ESPECIALLY because I have not seen any of you in more than 10 years. Thinking of you as I do, daily....

Anonymous said...

Janine:

I remember feeling like you -- still do many times when so many things are coming at me and there is no one to share the load. If you find that place with a break from life, my bags are packed and I'm coming with you!!! ;)

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Get some rest.

Blessings,

Beth in NC

Judy said...

I heard once of a place in Sweden where they put you in a medically induced "sleep" state for a couple of weeks--it is for weight loss. There are many times in my life when I wish I could have slept through them...unfortunately...

Janine said...

Leslie,
Thank you ..... for making me feel "normal". I have missed you, my friend. So much.
I'll keep posting pics ..... not to worry. Although I may start posting more of the present ..... and a bit (though only a bit) of the past).
I love you,
Janine

Anonymous said...

Hmm, all this talk of a “relief” coma has me thinking. Would it really be much relief? Or would the waves of anxiety and worry come washing back as soon as one becomes conscience again? And then one would have to catch up with all that happened while in a coma instead of taking it a day at a time. And…how much mental, emotional and spiritual healing would one miss while comatose? Although I know you are joking about this 'temporary’ coma (well, sort of) I choose to pray instead that you will have longer and longer moments of relief while conscience. That way you can still bless us all with your blogs and the other little blessings you give without even thinking about it (like taking a few minutes of your time to get to know a four year old, just because). As the doctor diagnosed, you really are a nice lady. Garnett

Janine said...

Thank you, Garnett ---
I really would like it .... for just a while, but I'll go with what you said ...... only because I've so far been unsuccessful in my Googling!!!
:)

kdawnmartin said...

Ok, my question for AMW is...

What movie is this from:

"They would think that you know nuttin, you are missin here a button...????

I know you'll get it I just gotta get something harder for ya.

I love you Janine, and miss you too. Not so sure about the skinny part but gettin there. Thanks for making me smile. Your good at that.

susan said...

there was an episode of CSI New York where someone was put into a coma so it appeared he was dead and his wife collected the insurance...then he "woke" up and wandered through NY on halloween, looking totally like the living dead...hmmm...maybe you can look on CBS.com for that episode which appeared on halloween last year (or the Tuesday closest to h-eve if it wasn't on a Tues.)...just a thought from my trivia-triggered mind.