Thursday, April 16, 2009

Proud Mom

I'm posting pics of Son #3's vaults last night ..... you know, the track meet where he beat his personal best by a foot? Did I already tell you that?
If so then I probably mentioned that he cleared 9 feet, 6 inches ..... right?

You'll have to forgive me .... I'm proud of his efforts. He's been practicing on the weekends to improve his vaults.

                    
                    Here he is, cooly waiting between vaults.  He looks much cooler than I felt:


                              First jump:
                          Next jump:
                         

                              HOW does he DO that?!



                            Getting set for the next vault:


     So yes, I'm proud.

     And speaking of being a proud mom .... I'm heading off to Parents' Weekend at Son #2's school tomorrow.
     All prayers would be appreciated.  I have learned to hate "Parents" Weekend" (at any school -- or actually any "Parents' event -- anywhere), because it usually implies that two people will be there ..... as parents.
Usually.
It always did for me.
"Before".

Not anymore.

I've already been chewing my mouth up ..... and I'm guessing this weekend is why.

Anyway ..... I shall hopefully have great pictures of Son #2 to post when I get back.

     And speaking of praying .... Stellan made it safely to Boston and Jennifer is quite pleased with the doctor they're working with and with the staff.  
That's a great thing.

     So ..... just in case I don't get the chance to blog this weekend ..... I shall leave you, my Peeps, with a question (who didn't see THAT coming?!).

Let's see ........  OK ..... here's one to test how much you'll reveal ...... to me, who reveals WAY too much ......

     How old were you the first time you thought that you were "in love"?  Notice I didn't say "when you were", but "the first time you THOUGHT you were" ..... big difference.
And tell me about the person you thought you were in love with ........

Now ..... watch the video of Son #3 ..... and then ......

..... discuss amongst yourselves.

:)






14 comments:

Judy said...

The first time I "thought" I was in love I was 13. (I was a Tom Boy up until then and I didn't really like boys all that much).

His name was David and his mother was my Sunday School teacher. He worked on the farm for my Daddy. I use to stand upstairs in my bedroom window and peek out through the curtains to watch him do work around the farm. He was 17!!! **gasp**

One day he was in the cow barn getting ready to milk the cows. I turned on the radio and turned it up real loud. He told me to turn it down--I didn't. He said, "If you don't turn that down...I am going to come over there and kiss you." I turned the radio up louder.

He strode over to where I was standing and kissed me--my first ever kiss and I didn't like it. I was so embarassed that I ran out of the barn and into the house and didn't look at him or get near him for weeks. But I day dreamed about what it would be like to be married to him.

Now...when I see him...I can hardly stand him. YUCK! I realize that he took advantage of a very young unknowing girl and I don't like him.

purejoy said...

awesome vault, and have fun at parent's weekend (see, it's really parent's not parents's)
i hope you have a blast!!

Mary Lou said...

You have every reason to be proud of your children. They are great people and are examples of good parenting. Will be praying for you this week end. God will go before you...and Son #2 has done so much better this semester and he is looking forward to you being there and he has so much to show you. He is a testimony to your marriage. I actually think I never ever really thought I was in love before my husband. Didn't date much...had fantasies but nothing like you are talking about. Don't worry about being an open book. I am pretty much the same way. I am pretty much what you see. I should keep more to myself than I do. Someone wants me to do a blog, but I really don't have an ability to write like you and so many others do. Thank you for the update on Stellan. Glad they got to Boston okay. She is one phenomnal woman, so are you....

Karen said...

I think I was 6 or 7 but I don't remember the boy's name. We kid kiss, though.
After that first crush I was 15 before I thought I was REALLY in love. What a mistake that was (I wouldn't have sex so he found a girl who would and paraded her in front of me, I was SO hurt!). So was the one I thought I loved at 17, and 18 and so on until I met my husband (finally) at 28! I knew he was "the one" immediately.

Lisanne said...

Sweet jumps! I used to love doing that...back when I was little and agile! He's amazing:)
I can't even remember when I first thought I was in love....sheesh. It must have been really profound!
I love you Sis. Give P a hug for me and try to really enjoy the weekend with him.

Love love love you!
Lis

Nat said...

I was "crazy" in love with a boy one year older than me when I was in the 5th grade. I wrote his initials and mine all over everything including my yearbook and even practiced signing my married name. His name-Scott Woerner and he went on to play pro football for the Atlanta Falcons. My crush continued until the 9th grade. I saw him at a reunion last year and he was balding and had a beer gut. What a disappointment!

Jen said...

I had many crushes during my elementary and high school days, but I think I only truly thought I was "in love" when I was 17 and dating my first boyfriend. We got along well, had fun together, shared similar religious views, and I thought we were good together. I got him a card for Christmas that said "we were made for eachother." Little did I know how WRONG for eachother we were. He was a wonderful person and a wonderful friend, but I had no idea what a relationship was supposed to look like at that time. We grew apart after only 3 months (a long relationship for high school!) and I didn't talk to him for years after that. I found out not long ago that he is gay, and has been with his current partner for more than 6 years. I had no idea, and I'm not angry or bitter about any of it. He still is a great person, and I have grown up enough to realize that we weren't "made for eachother." Thankfully, I'm married to a man who WAS made for me!

Stella said...

Wonderful vault! I always wanted to be able to do that, it must feel like flying. Alas, I was never very athletic.

The first time I thought I was in love was the summer after my 4th grade year. A neighborhood boy surprised me with a kiss, and I couldn't stop thinking of him for weeks! (I also learned how to kiss back that summer! LOL) I do believe that even "puppy love" is real love. We just don't know how to cultivate it at that age. Interestingly, Greg is now an email buddy of mine, although I haven't seen him since high school graduation.

susan said...

24...living in st. louis and he on the beach in santa monica...with my parent's blessing...he was a pastor's son, studying to pass the bar in California...what more could a woman want? I moved to CA hoping that things would blossom...perhaps should have realized that things weren't blossoming when he invited me to a party at a friend's house, and then didn't say five sentences to me all evening...could fill a volume on stories of "John the Jerk", but suffice it to say that God had other plans for me in California, and three years later i met my real true love and the rest, as they say, is history.

elliebelle said...

Congrats on you son - you have every reason to be a very proud Mom!!! First time I "thought" I was in love was in 7th grade... I had a crazy crush on a boy in the
8th grade.... My friend and I would walk by his house every day, just in hopes of getting a glimpse of him - wow, how embarrassing! Nothing much every came of it - I was so shy that even if he spoke to me I don't think I would have been able to say much back!! 7 years later I ran into him at a church dance and he did ask me to dance, but by this point I'd lost interest. Funny thing is I was so embarrassed about the two years that I'd spent "in love" with him that even 7 years later I could barely speak to him. Met my real love when I was 24 and married him at 25. :)

I tried to post a ? on your "ask me Wed.", but couldn't get the link to work.... is there a trick to that???

LG said...

Ahhh...my first love! He was truly a GREAT first boyfriend. He treated me WONDERFULLY and we seriously couldn't spend enough time together!!! We went to "rival" high schools...I think it helped that we didn't go to school together! We were dating most of high school...I think I "wanted" it to be forever but always knew deep down it wouldn't be. We went to different colleges and the minute I arrived at FISH CAMP (yes...I am an Aggie...bleed maroon and all!!!) I knew we were over...I was ready to move on. We tried to make it work but by the beginning of October of our freshman year it was obvious it wasn't going to. I didn't handle it well and I was not particularly mature about the whole thing. I wanted to move on but wasn't ready to give him up entirely either. That was almost 14 years ago and I still feel badly...he was (probably still is) a really great guy! Fortunately, I grew up over my 4+ years at A&M (I took one semester off so I graduated one semester late...Dec instead of May). In the summer of 1999 (I can't believe it's been almost 10 years! Time flies when you're having fun!!!) I met the one God always intended for me and I couldn't be more blessed. We married Oct of 2001. We now have a 6yo and almost 4yo and I couldn't be more in love with all 3 of them than I am. God is truly good! I often think of that country song about "God's greatest gift is unanswered prayers" (I actually think it's kinda about this same thing...young love that didn't work out but the "right" one did later, etc etc) and I think it rings SOOO true (it does in my life anyway!). Though I don't think prayers ever go unanswered...we just don't get the answer we WANT all the time but that doesn't mean they aren't answered somehow/someway/at some point...

Anyways, it's late and I'm WAY too tired to start getting myself "thinking"!!!

Goodnight & God bless...
~LG

LocalvoreFarmGirl said...

His name was Ernie and we were in 7th grade. He bought me Nike Earings and we kissed in the principals office. We were meant to be forever ;) Or until I got tired and told everyond I kissed another boy, Tyler, at church camp. But I never did kiss Tyler, but it got Ernie to break up with me. Well Tyler found out I told everyone, he never said anything to me, but even know at 25 when I see him back home at church at Christmas it is still akward. hahahaha.

I was in love for the first time at 16. And even though he ended up breaking my heart 4 years later, he was a great first love and really brought a lot of happiness to my teenage years. :) :)

I found my forever love at 21, married him at 24. I fall more in love with him everyday :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

I was in 7th grade and Jonathon Evans was in 8th. I just knew that it was meant to be because his grandparents went to my church. I mean, come on, that had to be a sign, right? He was my boyfriend for three weeks and then he passed me a note in choir one day that said he just wanted to be friends. I left the choir room in tears. I took him back a week later. And then again the next month. And then again for the Christmas dance. And then again for Valentine's Day. When I look back now I wonder why such a smart, cute girl kept taking such a jerky boy back when he continuously broke my heart. Character building I suppose. Unfortunately he wasn't the last one to break my heart. When people ask if you could go back and redo the teen years I always say,"No Way!" Who needs that kind of love drama?

Carrie said...

Oh my word I thought I was in love about 300 times before I hit 18. :) I think the first time was a boy named Ian in 4th grade. We played on the playground together. I knew it was over when he poked holes in my school picture & gave it back to me.