Saturday, April 25, 2009

488 Days ....

       This is Son #2's Confirmation Day .... April, 2007.  He is surrounded by my Heart, me, Son #1, Son #3 and Daughter #1:

     So ...... tomorrow is the big day.  Last night we did pictures .... I did not cry.
This morning I teared up ..... alone, thinking about tomorrow, but technically did not cry.
It's not that I'm saying that crying is a bad thing.  It's not.  By any stretch of the imagination.
It's just that .... when you've spent most every single day for the past 488 days crying .... you're grateful when you can go 2 or 3 days without doing it.
It gets old.

     As you know .... I spent the morning at the hospital with my friend ..... grateful for the unexpected.  The ER doctor from last night told her that the hand/finger was much worse than it actually was ...... well, much worse than it actually was today.
There were a lot of people praying from midnight on ....... who knows what kind of healing God performed on his hand?
All I know is ...... it is SO much better than we had anticipated, and been lead to believe.
Thank. God.

     After we got back from the hospital the two boys and Daughter #3 and I went out with some friends on their boat.  Son #3 loves to ski and wake board.  Today he tried out the knee board and did a great job on his first try.  He's so much more athletic than the rest of us ..... it's fun to watch him.
     The weather wasn't the greatest "boat weather", it was cloudy and windy, but we forged ahead.  The sun kept coming out and teasing us .... and then going back behind the clouds.  After a couple of hours it hid completely and the skies became grey and then started spitting on us.
The skies were very rude.

     We came home and cleaned up and then I went to our church's annual "Shrimp Boil" dinner (I'd never heard of a "shrimp boil" until we moved down here ..... or people eating the disgusting things that, as children, we played with in ditches .... crawfish ..... which we called crawdads).  The shrimp .... and the company .... are always fabulous.  It was good to be there.
And .... for the first time in 488 days .... I was not overwhelmed with sadness that I was without Jim.

     Yes, I am sad that he's not here .... but it didn't stop me in my tracks tonight.  The pain did not incapacitate me tonight.
T.A.N.W.

     We shall see how tomorrow goes.
The service is at 11:00.
Central Standard Time.

     I know that you will be praying.

     And I am grateful.

     So.  Very.  Much.


7 comments:

Mom said...

Good morning my darling daughter.
I am so glad that the hand was so much better than expected. What a relief. Thanks be to God.

I know tomorrow is going to be hard for you. I am glad that we will be able to be there with you.
We love you so very much.

Anonymous said...

Re: The injured hand, you wrote:
"There were a lot of people praying from midnight on ....... who knows what kind of healing God performed on his hand?
All I know is ...... it is SO much better than we had anticipated, and been lead to believe.
Thank. God."

Thank you for pointing out the possibiity that God worked in this. So often I will pray but forget to thank him when something I've prayed for occurs.

BTW: How good that on a day when it sounds like the weather was grey your heart was "not overhwelmed with sadness" at the Shrimp Boil.

Thanks for letting us into your life. On Sunday at 11am CST I will pray for you and your son #3.

JB

Lisanne said...

Okay...maybe I'm not all that smart. What exactly is "Confirmation"??? I suppose I could just Google it, but I'm too lazy tonight. I went for a massage after my class today and I'm feeling really good and really droopy! AAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Love you Sis!
Lis

Mary Lou said...

It's six thirty and I have already prayed. It will be a great day. God will be there...you will feel His presence and Jim will be there watching from heaven. You all will be blessed, I know you will. May He be the lifter of your head today and the Sonshine over all your day. Blessings and hugs.

Judy said...

It's okay to cry at confirmation for your child. It's okay to cry whenever things touch your.
I hope your Sunday was wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I was in such a perfect spot to see the confirmation and watch you hug him at the end. I thought Pastor's introduction was touching, God's spirit was there holding each of you.
You are blessed & loved.
mjd

Nat said...

It was a special day for son#3 and the words spoken about his dad were very touching and true. We all miss him deeply but every time I look at your children and talk with these incredible young adults who you and Jim raised-I see Jim and hear him and love him.