It's after 1:00 a.m. and we just got back from Petersburg. We had a great time there. The city was lighter, the streets were wider, the people were a bit happier ... it was such a great break from Moscow.
The last time I left you was Friday afternoon. I had walked around a bit and hit the internet cafe.
I was out about 2 hours on my own, came back to the dorm to lie down for a rest and found a text from D1 asking me to meet her at the theatre in 30 minutes (it is a 30 minute brisk walk!). So I hurriedly got ready and left to meet her. I only got lost once .... and that was in an underground tunnel. It was pouring, too.
The reason I had to meet her unexpectedly was because she found out that our tickets to the next event, a cat circus, were for 3 hours earlier than she thought.
So, yes, we went to a cat circus, which was pretty cute. It's totally aimed at children and one mother stared at us as if we had lost our minds by being there without a child. And so we had.
I never knew you could teach a cat so many great tricks.
I am now severely disappointed in my lazy felines.
I have pictures and video so I'll share those later.
We went to a Chinese restaurant that night for dinner and it was good. The food, overall, has been pretty good.
We came home and packed for Petersburg and then went to bed. Considering that we didn't actually eat dinner until after 10:00 p.m., we did good to get to bed around midnight.
OK, that's it for tonight. I need to get to bed. I'll try to get on tomorrow and tell you about Petersburg.
I'm wondering if I've lost all of my readers since I haven't posted since Friday ... there have been very few comments, Peeps.
You must jump in once in a while and let me know you're there ..... it's very encouraging!!!
OH .... and Happy Memorial Day. I almost forgot .... strangely enough -- it's not a big day over here. Go figure.
:)
11 comments:
Good afternoon my darling daughter.
It's so good to hear from you again! I was beginning to think they had brain-washed you into forgetting how to post! Glad to see that's not the case. I'm looking forward to hearing about Petersberg. And I can't wait to see the cat video! We really must get busy on the training of the spoiled felines that live at our houses. I hope you are getting enough rest and the hip is less painful. I love you bunches.
I would love to see a cat circus, but not going to fly to Russia to see it. I'll wait til they take it on the road.
We (faithful readers) would never leave w/o saying goodbye.
Happy Memorial Day
Luanne
Janine,
I am here!!!!
And reading every update -- sometimes more than once :)
Love and a big hug to you.
Jill
Still here! :) Can't wait to see pictures!
Janine, I am still here. I have read with a lot of interest everything you have posted. Didn't comment...didn't have anything to say for once. Have kept up with your twitters....everything sounds so interesting. Stay safe. Hope you are sleeping good tonight.
Hey Janine,
Been following your tweets. Looking forward to pics - I'm very visual. :)
Love,
Ann
ohhhh sorry!! i haven't been checking you out lately, and really i need to go back and catch up. your time there sounds really interesting. if nothing else, you witnessed a cat circus! who do you know can say THAT??
hope the rest of your time there is filled with good adventures and that you hip doesn't give you any backtalk while you're there.
hurry home!
Hi ~ I've been reading every day and am enjoying hearing about all of your adventures. My girls would LOVE to go to a cat circus. :) Enjoy the rest of your trip... I can't wait to see pictures!!
Hurry home!
Thanks for your email.
MUCH appreciated.
Peeps are here. Following our blogger as she posts. Hoping you will post some pics on the txmomx6 site whenever you return to the country where we do celebrate Memorial Day.
Safe travels,
JB
I am still here! Glad to hear that your trip is going well! :)
Tressa
Post a Comment