Monday, May 18, 2009

Hello From Russia!!!

Hello, my Peeps!!

I made it, the flights were good, the dorm room is much better than I expected (private bath!!) and ....... there is internet!!!!

It is almost midnight here so this will be brief.
I am pooped.

Daughtter #1 got out of her classes early and so she surprised me at the airport about 2 hours earlier than I expected her.
Yay for her!!!
We took the train and then the subway to the dorm.
The subway terminals here are amazinlgy beautiful ..... I will have to get pictures for you. They are very, very deep underground (were bomb shelters way back when) and are very ornate, with marble and statues and lots of artwork.

Afte we dropped my stuff at the dorm we walked around some more (my hip does not like Russia, so far) and then ate at an Italian restaurant. It was very good. And very, very late. I don't think we ate until almot 9:00.
Daughter #1 said I had to stay up until midnight to help reset my clock. I told her than my clock has been broken for a while and didn't need to be reset ...... but since it's now 11:56 p.m. you can see who won that argument. :)
It was so great to see her.
Tomorrow is a full day. I will try to post when I can ..... this Russian keyboard is giving me headaches ...... so no complaining if you see lots of typos ..... it is very different.

Time for bed ...... good night, Peeps ..... from Russia!!!

11 comments:

Mom said...

Good afternoon my darling daughter.
How great that you have internet access!! Yaayyy for Russia! I can hardly wait to see the pictures. Glad the trip went ok. Things here are going fine. Gabby is a big old snoring girl. She makes me laugh. Have fun, and I love you bunches.

Mom said...

Oh, I forgot. . .D was watching the news this morning, and he says they're having a huge protest in Moscow. People being arrested. He says he halfway expected to see you being hauled in! We know how you can get yourself in "situations" when you're out of the country! lmao Stay out of their way, ok? And while you're at it, stay out of trouble! We love you!!

Anonymous said...

Praise God for a safe trip.
Have tons of fun!
Jo Ann The Woodlands, TX.

Nat said...

I cannot believe I saw you in church yesterday and have been following your planes, trains and automobiles on twitter and now I am reading your blog! Amazing technology! How's the weather?
Have a blast with #1 and thanks for sharing!
Love you!

susan said...

Glad to hear you made it safe and sound...and that so far you are finding it a positive experience! Yay for that...looking forward to more.

Unknown said...

Cool, the subways are amazing...you might want to get postcards of them...I think my husband told me not to take any pictures in the subway, ask your daughter though. Funny thing about taking pictures. So glad you made it safe and sound. Praying you have a great trip and the hip quiets down.

Sleep well, Love,
Julie

Anonymous said...

So excited you made it and are enjoying D1 and the sites and sounds of Russia! Looking forward to your pictures! Love to you and D1, Vicki

Anonymous said...

Dear Janine,
Hang in there! Do you think you could be all stove up from the trip? I'll be thinking of you tomorrow while YOU sleep and hope that tonight while I sleep it gets better so you can go be a proper tourist with W.
Love you,
Ann

RJ said...

The subways/ undergrounds are amazing. It's part of the communist philosophy of equality - that the spaces moved through by ordinary comrades should be fit for a king.

RJ said...

Oops - also - hope your hip gets more manageable soon!

jessica said...

Glad that you arrived safe and sound. Sorry about the hip "back-sass" - but happy that you are with one of your daughters! When I went to Europe years ago, we did the "have to stay up until such and such a time" to reset our clocks - and amazingly, it did work. Hang in there, enjoy yourself, and we will look forward to your postings!