And I am tired.
The flights were fine .... non-eventful, which was nice.
I got most everything unpacked yesterday but still have quite a lot to put away and a ton of laundry to do, as it appears, so does Son #3. There is a boatload of dirty clothes in the laundry room .... not mine.
There's a boatload of stuff all over this house .... also not mine.
It seems that the 3 kids came home and unloaded their stuff ...... which unfortunately includes a dog and a cat.
The cat has been here a few weeks, although she hides out most of the time and is sometimes not seen for days.
Which would be nice, except for the fact that she's not coming out of hiding to use the litter box.
I don't think I can do this for an entire summer.
D2's dog is also here ..... which was a surprise for me when I walked into the house and saw her in Gabby's crate with her.
I am less than thrilled.
Currently both dogs are outside and are most likely to stay out there until August. I'd bring Gabby in and leave the other one out, but Gabby wants to be with her. And whenever they are together Gabby starts limping badly ..... she has a bum leg and it gets much worse when Miley is here and they play, because they never stop playing.
I also cannot deal with this for an entire summer.
I got up at 7:00 and started cleaning (the dog hair is horrendous) and trying to get things straightened out (including cleaning the cat poop out of the girls' bedroom).
I'm tired and my back and hip are killing me. I'm trying very hard to not take anything for the pain. Yesterday the pain in my hip was intense so I was taking meds every time I could take them.
This is the first time I've sat down all morning. I have a ton of bills to pay and I need to sort through my pics so that I can work on posting them.
I forgot what day today is until I sat down at my computer and saw the date. We would have been married 26 years today.
Sigh.
So .... now that I can't seem to stop crying I think I will stop.
I'm sorry to not leave you on a happier note, Peeps.
Although Son #2 is coming home today. It will be good to see him. He already sent me a text that said "Happy Anniversary". I wonder if the others will remember?
OK ...... thanks for keeping up with me ..... I promise to tell you all about everything .... slowly but surely. Be patient .... have a lot of things to do around here before I can tackle the blog.
Prayers for the day and the pain would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks ..... as always.

14 comments:
Glad you are home safely. Was surprised to see a post so soon, but glad to "hear" from you. Sorry that today is going to be so rough on you. Sounds like you have an overload. Praying for your day. Remember the good times,you do have so much to be grateful for, and you have very few if any regrets about your marriage..and there are so many who have a ton of regrets about whom they married etc. and you were so blessed, as I know you know. Just trying to be encouraging...Blessings on your day. Prayers and hugs..Mary Lou
Thanks for the encouragement, Mary Lou. :)
You are right ..... I have more blessings than I can count and only one regret about my marriage .... it wasn't long enough.
I have always .... and still do ..... thanked God every day for the gift of Jim. I was blessed to have never taken that gift for granted (well, mostly never ... I'm sure there were times).
Thanks again for your kind words.
Janine, I want to start by saying that I love you. I don't hear it enough myself and I don't say it enough to others and I think you can never, ever, feel too much love. So, know that you are loved. I am so sorry that today will be so sad for you. Anniversaries should be happy. I love the picture. Thanks for sharing it. If you need a good laugh later and have a minute, take a peek at my blog to hear the events of this week at my house.
Welcome home dog hair, cat poop and all.
Loved the wedding picture. So young, so in love and so much happiness ahead of you. Happy memories then and happy memories now even if they are different than how you pictured them.
It's nice to know that every day life makes memories for us but we are the ones that get to decide which way we will label them.
Get some rest and after a few days it will be on to your next great adventure.
Glad your home safe and sound.
Luanne
Happy Anniversary Janine! I feel Jim is saying the same to you too! Welcome home...mess and all!
Hey sis! Sorry your day is not going so well, dog hair, cat poop...YUCK!!! Not fun at all. Loved the wedding pictue, it just took me back 26 years. Wow how time flies. You both look so dang cute (and young) I love you tons Janine and pray your pain eases and so does your sorrow. You were blessed and still are. Jim was an awsome man!Hugs and kisses coming your way!
Janine, you are so special! You got to be Jim's wife - you were the one. It was not as long as you wanted it to be but you got to be the one. The picture is wonderful - two kids starting out on a great adventure together. I hope you can also feel some happiness today for the memories you created together. They can never be taken away from you. Thinking of you on this special day.
Kim
Janine,
I am thankful you are home.
I am sorry for your hip pain and sadness.
As always... I am thankful for you are sharing honestly.
And... I am praying and I love you.
I I felt led to this verse this morning and to memorize it. Truthfully, not something I do often enough. I thought you would appreciate the words.
The minute I said, "I'm slipping, I'm falling,"
your love, God, took hold and held me fast.
When I was upset and beside myself,
You calmed me down and cheered me up.
HI.. I have commented before, I am the one who is the oldest of 6 and my dad died very suddenly a year and a half ago. My parents marraige was very much like yours and Jims. I am once again just so sorry. Your words sound so familiar as I hear alot of the same things from my mom.Though my mom has been fighting alot of people saying that she should have moved on by now and sadly that is all coming from all of her family, her parents included. She also said the same thing about her marraige. The only thing she regreted was that it wasnt long enough and that when she said her vows she said when she said till death till us part, she didnt realise it would be so soon. I dont understand why things like this happen and I am truly sorry for all the pain and heartache you have been through and are going through. Thinking and praying for you.
Tamara .... Thank you. I love you, too. Very much. And will go to your blog as soon as I finish this comment!
Luanne ... Thanks. And you're right ... it is up to us. :)
Anon -- Thanks for the image of Jim. :)
Dawn -- I love you. Very, very much.
Kim -- Thank you very much. Yes, we were indeed kids!!
Jill -- As always .... thank you and I love you and am praying for you.
Elizabeth -- Thank you for your loving words. Your parents did a good job. :)
Please tell your mom that I'm sorry .... sorry that she has to feel this and very sorry that she's hearing that crap from friends and family. Sometimes people who mean well can be so stupid.
Tell her that I'm thinking of her and thank you so much for your prayers.
Good evening my darling daughter.
I love this picture so much. You were such a beautiful young bride.
And Jim was so handsome. You were so perfect for each other. I couldn't have wished for anyone different for you in any way. We were all so blessed to have Jim in our lives, and I miss him very much. I love you more than words can say. When I spoke with you this morning, "Happy Anniversary" just didn't seem right. I could be wrong in that assessment. Let me know if I am, so I will be better prepared for next year.
Again, we're so happy you are home and we love you.
Awww...sorry it took me so long to see this! And 'happy' late anniversary! I hope you're enjoying time with your children, and getting things back in order around the homefront - glad you're back! :)
Hi Janine,
Happy Anniversary!
You two look so cute in the photo - like Joanie and Chachi.
I like the picture of you and Jim on your wedding day! It tells a beautiful story!
JB
Post a Comment