Thursday, June 4, 2009

Another day .....


..... another doctor.

So I saw an orthopedic doctor today.  And I don't really know much more than I knew when I went in .... other than the tumor hasn't grown so nothing horrific is going on in there.  That was good news.
I really didn't think it was the tumor .... I figured it had something to do with the trip but we're still not certain.
The doctor and his P.A. talked together at great length over the pictures on the computer.  They seemed puzzled as to why there was so much swelling and fluid buildup going on in there .... this far out from the surgery.  
But the dr. said that the pressurized air on a plane can wreck havoc on a healing body.  So maybe the plane trip started the this whole episode, and then all of the walking did not help at all.  Maybe.
That's one theory.
He's going to present my case on Wednesday at their weekly "presenting case meeting" to see if any other doctor has an additional thought or theory.  Evidently I stump people.  
What a shock.
So he told me to take an anti-inflammatory  3 times a day for 3 weeks .... and he will see me at the end of three weeks.
Oh .... and no tennis for three weeks.
Which, I'm afraid, may kill my tennis life.
No one wants someone with a physical ailment on their team.   It's a bit of a hindrance.
I have no doubt that I will be playing just as well in three weeks as I have in the last month, which is pretty darn well, but it might not matter.
Once the rumor mill starts ..... and it has been flying lately .... it's difficult to stop it.  Evidently some people think I'm dying.  
Whatever.

Anyway ... I liked this new doctor.  He seems very laid back and was warm and comfortable to be with.  
Even if he had no concrete answers.

In related news (medical) my blood pressure now needs to be watched.
I have always had incredibly low blood pressure.
Not so much today.
It was 168 over 94.  And that was the second time she took it.  
The first time is was lower than that, though not by much.
And my pulse rate was 87.  
What.  The.  Heck?!
I didn't feel nervous or anxious about the appointment, so I don't think I can blame it on that.
I'm not sure what's going on.
But I am now supposed to watch for headaches, dizziness or faintness.  
In case I have a stroke.
Or chest pains .... in case I have a heart attack.
What.Ev.Er.

I just think that my body was playing tricks .... to get back at me for taking it to Russia.
It didn't like Russia.
It can join the club.

So .... that was my day.
Although I did get to go see "Star Trek" with Son #2 and A & M and their kids.  Son #2 hadn't seen it before and he liked it.
Then we went to A & M's house for pizza and family time .... which is always great.  Son #2 was very entertaining.  And I am so thankful that he's home .... and that he learned a lot in the last year .... enough to keep him home now.  
Yes, I am very thankful.

Today was Son #3's first day of summer vacation.
He already misses school.  
sigh
You'd think he could enjoy this for at least a week!

Well, that's all the excitement I can stand for one day, my Peeps, so I'm going to end this post.
I think I may have to start making stuff up to keep you entertained!!
Tomorrow I have an eye dr. appointment and Son #3 has a physical.  
I know .... I may just have a stroke from it all.  I hate to think what it's doing to you!!!

Happy Thursday .... enjoy your Friday ..... and thanks for all of the prayers this week.
You are the best Peeps ever.
I think I'll keep you.
:)



8 comments:

Mom said...

Good evening my darling daughter.
Awwwwwww. What a great picture. What babies you two were. Soooo sweet. And beautiful, both of you.
Sigh. Wasn't that just last week?
Now I'm in tears. Sorry.

I love you so very much. See you tomorrow.

Unknown said...

What did you think of Star Trek? I liked it! :)

Anonymous said...

"the dr. said that the pressurized air on a plane can wreck havoc on a healing body." That's interesting, a bit disconcerting, and until they review your case it sounds likle an educated guess.

Txmomx6, your life continues to encounter uncertainites and conundurms (on top of the grief and responsibility of being the sole parent for your children).

I pray for you to experience peace.

JB

Marilyn said...

J, my understanding is that pain can actually cause high blood pressure, so I wouldn't be too concerned. Once your hip stops screaming I'd be willing to bet that your blood pressure will come back down to normal.

Nat said...

Here I go again trying to mother you, a mother of six! But I believe if you are taking anti-inflammatory drugs, you need to make sure and have eaten a good meal before taking them or they can really upset your stomach. Good meals 3x a day for 3 weeks. And rest!
You can do it!

kdawnmartin said...

You go Momma Nat! Hope she listens to you! She is going to wither up and blow away. I'm kidding my dear sister! But do take it easy and be a good girl. Love you tons chicky! Hope your weekend is a good one. Today is the last day of school here. Taylor was so excited she was up at 6:45 this morning. If she could only have done that every day this school year...oh well. Hugs and Kisses to you all.

Anonymous said...

Obviously, no one can diagnose another via blog comments, but I just want to throw something out-- I also had incredibly low blood pressure too and then mine spiked up, I was fatigued all the time, having weird pains, and my legs/hips ached so much that I wanted to scream. I even sprained my thumb and hand cutting up half-frozen chicken breasts into cubes. It was my thyroid pooping out. Just a thought and perhaps something to have blood work on if the pain control doesn't decrease the blood pressure. Also, fairly simple to treat, once diagnosed, and blood pressure goes back to normal (or below normal in my case). Cheers and all the best to you.

m said...

oh! spencer favors daddy e in that picture, and i think k and l favor you! my humble opinion, though, of course.