Friday, June 26, 2009

I Love My Peeps .....

.... more than I can say.

Thank you ..... for praying, for commenting, for encouraging.
You.  Are.  Amazing.

To Purejoy ..... Thank you for your kind and loving words.  And thank you for crying at my "ring" story.  Empathy is an amazing gift from God.   Thank you for sharing it with me.

Carrie .... You are more than welcome for the answer.  I hope it helped in some way.  It's been quite a while since I've had a small boy in a stroller ..... though if I had my "druthers" .... I'd love to be still be able to lock one of my teenage boys into a stroller to keep them in control.  
I think once we get past the point of caring how "weird" we look .... we are able to be better parents.  We know, deep down, what each of our children needs (and unfortunately for us, they do not always need the same kind of discipline ..... which is a huge pain in the backside.  But then, no one ever said parenting was easy ..... unless of course it was someone who was childless ..... and very judgmental.)
And thank you for the encouraging words about the "mask" post.  It was difficult and I imagine that I will encounter some repercussions from it ..... but the "after Janine" .... is very often okay with the repercussions she now receives.  She knows that not many people "get it" .... and tries to keep in mind that they are very, very blessed in their ignorance.  Of course, she's still human and can get a little pissed (and not use very nice language on her blog),  but she tries to be honest .... even in that.
Thank you for encouraging me ..... yet again.

JB .... Thank you, too, for your consistent encouragement.  


Susan .... the last time we went to Disney World Son #3 was about one inch too short to ride the Rockin' Roller Coaster.  I cannot recall the year, though I think it may have been 2003 or so.
We would go to the MGM park every night and ride that roller coaster at least 1o times.  We'd get on, ride it, get off, get back in the very short line (as they usually are at night) and ride it again.  Over and over and over again.
And we took turns sitting out with Son #3.  He has been patiently waiting (?!) for several years to go back and hit this ride.
This roller coaster is responsible for each of my children loving all things Aerosmith.
I myself loved this coaster.  We would stand in line and rehearse what we would be doing when the picture was taken during the ride.  We also did this for the Tower of Terror.  One picture showed many of us reading a newspaper.  Another showed us all playing cards.  Another .... we were all yawning.
We were soon one of the most popular picture groups of the ride.  
In short, we had a blast.
One would think that we were quite theatrical, but that would be assuming quite a bit, would it not?
So Son #3 is looking forward (to say the least) to this ride.  As am I.  I think that it's my most favorite roller coaster .... hands down.
And that says a lot.  I LOVE roller coasters.  Love them.  Hugely.  Especially the kind that do loops.  Especially.
Although I must admit that as I have grown older, my love affair with coasters that bang my head around and cause great pain to my neck and shoulders hold less affection for me.  sigh.
But the Rockin' Roller Coaster .....  which goes from zero to what seems like 120 mph on less than 60 seconds is one of the most amazingly fun rides I've ever experienced.
I look forward to spending 3 nights there ..... over and over again.

I reminded my 3 children/camp counselors that M & B would be there this week and to keep an eye on them.  They are very happy to do so.  And they have NO doubt that B will be the belle of the camp.  I must say that I agree.  
Which is most excellent for you because that means that you can send them BOTH for the a whole week next year .... right?!!

As for the cruise .... I cannot tell a lie.  I am thrilled to not be walking through a museum.  I plan to sit on a lounge chair, with my fully -loaded electronic book, and my eye on a "cabana boy" who will keep me furnished with yummy frozen drinks all day.  
It's the dinners that I mostly dread ..... sitting at a table with another "family" who will soon learn a bit of our story.  
I know that I will miss Jim more than I can stand .... but I will talk to him whenever I need to .... which should also help to keep many people far, far away from me.  :)

I shall try to remember to take a picture with Goofy ..... though my mind is not what it once was, so we shall see if it remembers that assignment.  You may have to remind me of this later.

I love you Susan ...... so very much.  And am grateful for all that we have shared together over the years.  Thank you for letting me into your life.

To my two Anon commenters ...
Thank you for making me blush.  I do not feel amazing.  Ever.  
I try hard to write honestly .... and I am thankful that it seems to strike a chord with other people who are grieving ..... as horrible and as honest as it is sometimes.  I don't understand the effort to "sugar coat" things ..... because that can only lead to harm ..... and not to healing.  I want to be as honest as possible ..... how can I learn from others if I am not honest with all of you, and how can others relate to me if I am less than honest with all of you?  
The last 18 months have taught me that life is way, WAY too short to be full of B.S.  
I want to know the reality of grief .... to know what to expect.  Sugar-coating things is a waste of my time .... and my life.  
I want Jim to be proud of me ..... and how I shared what we had .... and what I miss.  And .... how I am healing.  Slowly, yes ...... but surely.
To Anon #2, I would love to write a book some day, but I have no idea how to go about that, where to start ..... who to contact.  I guess I'm just hoping that some publisher will one day see my blog, read it from the beginning ..... and want to turn it into a book.
Of course, that seems way too easy, doesn't it?  And seeing how my life has been going for the last 18 months ..... easy doesn't seem to fit.
So we shall see what happens.
Or doesn't happen.

Cici .... thanks for sharing that you want me to stay in touch.  I'm glad that you miss me just as much as I miss you when I don't post.
Here's hoping that no one cracks .... or blows up .... from a lack of correspondence!  :)

Kirsten ... Yes, I have gone out and cheered on my team mates ..... although the heat seems to increase the heart palps.  It's nice to be able to watch them, but it's also difficult to not be the one out there hitting the snot out of that ball!!  Today it was 105 so I avoided watching the match.  
One of my teams has made it to sectionals (and I will not be eligible to play now) so I'm hoping to go with them and cheer them on.  We'll see.
Thank you for your wonderful words of encouragement ("hundreds and hundreds"????).  You made me smile ...... both on my face and in my heart.

OK, it is now 3:39 a.m. on Saturday morning.
I have to take the horse/dog to the vet tomorrow to see why she seems to have a rash and several open sores.  Both Sons are going with me because Gabby knows, without a shadow of a doubt, that although I can be very, very mean and stern ..... she now outweighs me by several pounds, which gives her a huge upper hand.
I bought a "ramp" for her yesterday to help her climb into the back of the car.  I may have to video the first few attempts.  I don't think that she will freely go along with this plan.

But if she doesn't, it will make a great video.

Good night, Peeps ..... or should I say, Good morning?

4 comments:

Mary Lou said...

Janine, I truly think you are amazing. You are so tranparent on your blog and I am sure you are being that way in your day to day life. Enjoy that cruise and entire trip to the utmost. I pray you will be able to relax and rest and enjoy the downtime with your "books". Reading is such a wonderful way to pass the time. I too think you could write a book, you express yourself so well, with an editor's help you would be able to write a great book. or maybe even books. May you have a great day today and get some rest and stay cool. It's hot here too. Blessings...Mary Lou

susan said...

Janine-thanks for all the kind words...thanks for writing about the mask...each time you do i think you do us all a great service...

enjoyed your tale of things Disney...my two children would easily fit into your family regarding rockn roller coaster...we did it 3 times in a row to their great delight (you also might try the Himalaya roller coaster in Animal Kingdom...they did that one six times in a row)

yes, the kids are looking forward to camp. B didn't realize "miss janine has daughters?" (now that she has a crush on two of your sons)...and yes, i have no doubt she could be belle of the camp if she choses...never have you seen a more "decked out" swim team than hers just completed...she did make-up and nails at all the meets...and i see a future of trouble for me...(but i'm going to make her leave the make up at home for camp, which could cause a battle...and i really have no doubt that she will try to smuggle some in)

finally, i have an idea for a book...how about a book on helping others help a friend grieve? that's one thing you have done so well in your blog through your honesty and transparency.

susan said...

also, praying that the horse/dog just has allergies...Miles did, with similar symptoms...had to give him steroids, which made him excessively thirsty...and what goes in, must come out :) Look forward to "watching" the attempts to get him in the car.

Anonymous said...

amazing once again! mjd