Monday, June 22, 2009

I'm Not as Crazy .....

.... as I thought I was.
Thank God.

The cardiologist called today.  He went through each test.  One by one.
The EKG was normal.
The pulmonary CT scan was normal.
The heart echo showed a slight leaking of the aortic valve.  Which is pretty normal.

The more he talked, the more my heart sank.  
"There is nothing wrong with me and I am losing my mind", was all I could think.

And then he he mentioned the heart holter/monitor.  And he told me that it was not normal. Not by any stretch of the imagination.
Thank God.
I am not crazy.
I was supposed to wear the monitor for 24 hours.  Due to the CT scan I was only able to wear it 
about 16 or 17 hours.  Which seemed to be more than enough.
My heart was palpitating (losing a beat) at least once every 5 minutes .... sometimes more frequently.
So he has decided to put me on medication to control the beats, the unusually high blood pressure, and the unusually high pulse rate.
I.  Am.  Relieved.
Because I am not crazy.

And ..... after two days on these meds .... I can play tennis.

The pin point of light that was shining to the back of the cave today is now a ray of sunshine.
I still feel as if I'm in the back of the cave ..... in a very deep valley, but there is now a light shining in.
And hopefully I can take one step at a time and follow that light.

I'm not pushing it.  
I'm not forcing it.
I'm waiting on God.
And following Him as He leads ..... one breath at a time.  
One prayer at a time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janine - I can imagine your relief to hear a concrete answer! What meds will they put you on? And now you can play tennis? Are the concerns about your hip better now? Praise God! And by the way - I never thought you were or are crazy!!!!!
Love you! Malinn

Mary Lou said...

I am so thankful you got solid answers and you have some peace. God truly is good and He is good all the time. Praying that the light gets bigger and bigger and will flood your soul and being. Be careful in the heat, high blood pressure and heat don't always mix real well, or at least they haven't for me. Will keep praying and lifting you to the throne of mercy and grace and peace. Hangeth thou in there....hugs..Mary Lou

jessica said...

This is what I always kiddingly refer to as "better living through chemistry" (the old Dupont slogan used in commercials). I take 7 different meds daily, and some of those are for heart rhythm and some for bp. They do work! I am so glad that a glimmer of light is shining on you. Peace.

kdawnmartin said...

Praise God! And I never thought you were crazy either! I love you Janine! I think the lack of tennis is what put you in the cave...the one thing (activity) that you loved you couldn't do...I hope you get to start playing soon! Hugs and kisses! oh and have you found out about the first week of October? Thats my AMW ?

susan said...

Yay God! (not for the heart problem, but for the answers...and for the drugs)