Son #3 and I went out with J & J on their boat yesterday ..... against my better judgement. The hip was being very nasty yesterday. But I decided to load up on meds and go anyway. I'm glad. It was a very nice day and Son #3 had a lot of fun skiing and tubing. He even slalomed quite well!
The weather was gorgeous. We carried the day over into a dinner of grilled steaks and red wine. A very nice day indeed.
I got a message from D2 that D3's dog has been found and will be returned today. I cannot begin to tell you how thrilled I am (and you all know by now EXACTLY how to read that sentence and what it is dripping with).
I am relieved for D3. Not so much for me.
Oh well.
Here are some pictures from yesterday:
So cool that he thought he'd try to show off by standing up:

..... and didn't look so cool:

This was the tube flipping over during a run:

And so is this:


..... and didn't look so cool:
This was the tube flipping over during a run:

And so is this:
OK, time for me to get ready for church. The hip is still being quite ugly, but I'm forging ahead. We seem to have a love/hate relationship that is quickly turning into a hate/hate relationship!!!
Anybody want a used hip?
:)
P.S. Here's a video that my friend Jill sent to me. She posted the lyrics on her blog about the same time I was posting my "brink of insanity" entry.
It seems to fit.
In more ways than one.




4 comments:
We really are kindred spirits, aren't we?
I hope and pray that you are coming back from the brink. And that your hip is giving you less pain.
Love you
Jill
Dear Janine,
Glad you guys had fun at the lake! Hope your hip gets to feeling better. I like your new signature!
Love,
Ann
random:
so loved that your son#3 went up for children's msg this morning! (for anyone that thinks like a child :)
what's with the hammering above you?
also like the new signature.
ditto on the signature! I LOVE Matchbox 20! Rob Thomas is one of my favorites! Taylor is in here right now ans was looking at your posted pictures and said..."We need to go back there sometime" The kids had so much fun when we came down there the summer of 05. We do need to do it again soon! Love you tons sis! Have a great week and tell that darned hip your lovely sister siad SHUT UP! Don't make me come down there and put it in it's place!!!
Post a Comment