It is 11:54 p.m.
Meaning that this day, this day that should have been a huge celebration on a couple of different levels, is almost over.
I am grateful. I celebrated nothing today, other than quiet time with Family.
The kids and I did not go to church. We could not.
I followed the advice of my brother/pastor and avoided the service that would bring up too many emotions that I do not have the strength to handle at this time.
Instead, I took the kids out to brunch. And we had a nice time.
And then Daughters #2 & #3 and Son #1 and #2 packed up and headed back to camp. Son #2 will be there for the week.
A & M came over today and we hung out by the pool and enjoyed a peaceful day.
Well, peaceful except for the two times that we dragged Gabby into the pool. She has always steered clear of our pool and I wanted her to give it a try.
She, however, did not.
But three adults proved to be stronger than my 140 pound horse/dog.
She was not a happy camper but she seemed to be calmer the second time. I wanted her to cool off in our almost-100 degree heat.
In other fantastic news ..... Miley is gone for the summer. She was one item, of many, that led to the breakdown this week. A friend from church has taken her for the summer. This woman is my angel.
I'm hoping that she falls so in love with Miley that she wants to keep her.
Now if I can just get rid of a cat.
One thing at a time.
Son #3 and I are staying at A & M's house again tonight. I cannot tell you what a relief it is to stay in a house with a family. With people to talk to. With people who love me unconditionally and care very much for me. With people who understand that I am in a valley and cannot make any decisions.
And their love brought me a ray of sunshine.
I need all of the rays I can get.
I plan to take it very easy this week and to not push myself in any direction. This will prove very hard for me.
I always push myself. I always think I should be doing better than I am.
I never want people to worry about me, or think I cannot cope.
I am now at the point where it's obvious that I cannot cope.
I was supposed to go out tonight with some friends for my birthday and I finally admitted that I just couldn't do it. I needed to sit and rest and do nothing, except maybe watch a movie and be distracted.
I am not strong.
But God is.
And He will lift me out of this valley in His time.
And my brokenness has given Him the opportunity to show me that He is in control, not me.
That I can just sit in the valley and wait on Him.
My friends and family who love me will understand.
And I love them for that.
I have no doubt that I will climb out.
But I will not take charge and force myself out this time.
I will wait on Him.
And see where He leads.
He has not failed me yet.
His timing has not been my timing, but He's never failed.
So for all of you in one valley or another ..... don't force yourself to climb out.
Wait on the Papa who loves you more than anyone ever has, or ever can.
He WILL lead you out.
In HIS time.
And once He leads us out ..... we will have so much joy and peace.
Yes, we'll still have rough days, but if we continue to turn them over to Him and wait on His timing ..... we will be blessed.
I'm holding firmly and faithfully to that promise.
And who knows what may be waiting for us outside of these valleys?
In His time.
9 comments:
T.A.N.W.
Just loving you.
Such a valley. As you describe the past week it seems that you are reaching a small rise at one end of the valley where you can begin to look above some of the obstacles which waylaid you in these past days. Your idea to not push yourself seems very wise.
This is an AMW question related to Sunday's post. You wrote: "I never want people to worry about me, or think I cannot cope." Can you tell us more about that?
JB
Janine, you are becoming very wise. Everything is about His perfect timing. He is NEVER too early and NEVER too late...He's always right on time. I've learned this and yet He has to keep teaching me in all areas of my life. It is so hard for us finite humans with our little brains to accept this fact. He has promised that He will NEVER, NEVER NEVER leave us or forsake us and He is a man of His word. I will cling to Him along with you as we wait on His timing for you and for me. I understand exactly what you are saying. May you have a restful week and much less stessful. You are learning and you are helping to teach me too. So, once again He is using you to help me and more than likely others because of your willingness to be transparent. Stay cool, it's hot here too (Memphis, TN) and it's almost unbearable. Blessings on your day and your week...Hugs and prayers, Mary Lou
Hi Janine. Just wanted to pop in and let you know I am praying for you. I couldn't do church either - I drove down to my 19yr old son's school and watched him in his play. I knew it was going to be an especially tough day for him - my Jim was the only father he ever knew, and although he only had him for 3 years, they were extremely close. He is definitely going through the "mad at God" phase. And "mad at God" for a 19yr old is not pretty.
When you mentioned the word "valley" in your post, it reminded me of my favorite Ginny Owens song. You have probably heard it before, but in case you haven't, here is a YouTube link with the lyrics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtNzOpKvPfw
I usually start singing it angry and with clenched teeth - and just keep looping it until I eventually get to the point of surrender to God. Sounds like from your post you are already there - and you are so right, he WILL lead us out. As you said - in HIS time.
Keeping you in my prayers,
Debbie G.
I ache for you, Janine. And I think you are doing what is right for you, right now. Surrendering to God's will and to the love and support of others - definitely that will pull you through. I am thinking of and praying for you. {{HUGS}}
Thanks for wise - touching - heart- aching words, you ministered to me in a deep quiet place.
Love, mjd
Good afternoon my darling daughter.
I love you. That's all.
Just saw the twitter about pinpoint of light. Very thankful.
I am so sorry for your pain. But again (and again and again) I am so very grateful for your words--that cut through to my heart and soul. Your transparency is helping so many of us Janine.
I wish I could hug you.
Jill
I posted but I guess it didn't go through. So I will say it agian. I will wait with you and pray for you. I am greatful for A and M and the love they have for you. Thank you to them. I love you my dear sweet sister. How ever long it takes...I am here...waiting.
Post a Comment