A blog that started out as a humorous tale of raising 6 children, then quickly became a chronicle of my grief at being suddenly widowed. Now it's the rest of my journey ... of living, laughing, crying, praying, rejoicing. Of being happy, sad, angry, content, sorrowful, alone, amazed and very, very blessed. And still taking life, one breath at a time ........
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
T.A.N.W.
P.S. Thank you, Sandi
P.P.S. Tomorrow is "Ask Me Wednesday". Please ask ..... it keeps me busy and focused on something different. :)
I am thankful someone sent you this. I needed it today. Beautiful reminder of how great and amazing God is. I know it, but this said is so well and was an encouragement to my heart. Praying that you will feel His presence when you are in the valleys. We truly can't appreciate the mountain tops without the valleys. Sorry that yours have been so deep and so long. You are gaining strength and are a blessing to so many...hugs and prayers...Mary Lou
On reading your Saturday post, I noticed that you and I share a birthday--June 21st, the first day of summer, the longest day of the year and this year...on Father's Day which made it difficult for both of us, but for different reasons.
Glad your heart thingie can be controlled by meds--probably just arterial fibrillation--which can be easily controlled.
Glad you're feeling better, and I'm glad they were able to figure out what's wrong!!!
Hmmm...for Ask Me Wednesday...do you have any tips on taking your toddler in public places? My son does pretty well about having temper tantrums in public, but he's just SO active. I bring toys & snacks, and sometimes keep him strapped in his little umbrella stroller, but he's not always happy about that. :)
Hi Janine! Glad to hear that things are better. I'm trying to think, think, think...AMW
Do you "read" audio books? I'm getting into that and finding I enjoy it because reading forces me to just sit and I like working with my hands sewing and stuff. So I just wander around "reading" with my ipod.
What's you favorite comfort food? Me- homemade mac-n-cheese or baked cabbage
Betty or Veronica Archie or Jughead Ginger or Mary Ann Gilligan or The Professor
Does W still play the flute?
Am I making this up or can you swim upside down with your leg sticking out of the water like synchronized swimmers?
You and Jim have always been supportive parents, have any of the kids dreams been too big? We have some monster big dreams here...
6 comments:
I am thankful someone sent you this. I needed it today. Beautiful reminder of how great and amazing God is. I know it, but this said is so well and was an encouragement to my heart. Praying that you will feel His presence when you are in the valleys. We truly can't appreciate the mountain tops without the valleys. Sorry that yours have been so deep and so long. You are gaining strength and are a blessing to so many...hugs and prayers...Mary Lou
On reading your Saturday post, I noticed that you and I share a birthday--June 21st, the first day of summer, the longest day of the year and this year...on Father's Day which made it difficult for both of us, but for different reasons.
Glad your heart thingie can be controlled by meds--probably just arterial fibrillation--which can be easily controlled.
AMW- What is the best surprise you have ever received? Hoping to bring a smile to your face thinking about it
Glad you're feeling better, and I'm glad they were able to figure out what's wrong!!!
Hmmm...for Ask Me Wednesday...do you have any tips on taking your toddler in public places? My son does pretty well about having temper tantrums in public, but he's just SO active. I bring toys & snacks, and sometimes keep him strapped in his little umbrella stroller, but he's not always happy about that. :)
Hey Janine,
Sure wish I felt God in this valley that I am in. I feel nothing, just alone. Hugs to you, Lorry
Hi Janine!
Glad to hear that things are better. I'm trying to think, think, think...AMW
Do you "read" audio books? I'm getting into that and finding I enjoy it because reading forces me to just sit and I like working with my hands sewing and stuff. So I just wander around "reading" with my ipod.
What's you favorite comfort food? Me- homemade mac-n-cheese or baked cabbage
Betty or Veronica
Archie or Jughead
Ginger or Mary Ann
Gilligan or The Professor
Does W still play the flute?
Am I making this up or can you swim upside down with your leg sticking out of the water like synchronized swimmers?
You and Jim have always been supportive parents, have any of the kids dreams been too big? We have some monster big dreams here...
Love you,
Ann
Post a Comment