Well, we made it.
It's been ..... different.
The drive in from the airport was very, very difficult.
Memories were flooding in .... which meant I was chewing the hell out of the inside of my mouth. I have GOT to figure out a better way to handle stress ..... or to at least REALIZE that I'm handling it that way so that I can stop it sooner.
We got to our room and then headed back out to Animal Kingdom, where we rode a couple of newer rides (new to us).
The first one knocked me around quite a bit ..... especially around the hip area, in spite of the hugely tight belt that was strapped right across my incision. The ride was fun, the hip did not enjoy it.
But then we rode a new roller coaster .... Expedition Everest, or something close to that. It was a great coaster!!
It's a bit warm here, but that's nothing new for us.
Fortunately the skies were cloudy a lot of the time so it wasn't horribly hot.
By the time we left the park we were all three pretty exhausted, given that we got up this morning at 5:15.
We came back to the hotel, unpacked our bags and then went to eat dinner.
The boys didn't even wait for me to finish dinner .... they wanted to get back to the parks so that they could ride the Rockin' Roller Coaster a few times before it closes at 10:00. I told them to go ahead and go.
I wanted to join them, but I knew I'd slow them down, and also figured that my hip might need some rest tonight.
This was harder for me than you know.
Not only because I love the rides, but I also do not enjoy sitting in a hotel here ..... in the "happiest place on earth" ..... alone. Remembering ..... and missing.
But ... the boys are having fun and so I am trying to focus on that.
I did get to watch the nightly fireworks from the hotel room balcony tonight. I managed to video them for a few minutes and will hopefully load them up soon. I got a new camera last week and haven't figured it out completely yet.
OK, time to watch some "30 Rock" to take my mind away ..... far, far away.
Ironically, when we checked in the woman at the registration desk gave each of us a button. She have Son #2 a "Happy Birthday" button, since his birthday is this month.
She gave Son #3 a "first visit" button, because it's the first time we've stayed at this resort/hotel.
And she gave me a "Happily Ever After" button.
Go figure.
I just smiled through the mask and said thank you.
And wondered why it sometimes feels that God hates me.
No "preaching" please ..... I KNOW He doesn't.
But it sure feels that way sometimes.
I'm just sayin' .......
12 comments:
Janine:
Understand!!! Glad you made it safely. Will be praying.
Beth in NC
Sorry to hear about the circumstances which kept you alone in the room.
JB
Sorry to hear about the circumstances which kept you alone in the room.
JB
Deep breaths, my friend. And know that you are loved and prayed for.
Love you, Vicki
That sucks. I'm sorry. Praying for your pain, physically and emotionally. You are a wonderful and selfless mother, even when you more than deserve to be selfish. I do not know you, but I really do admire you and hope that I can be as great of a person and mother as you are. Hope things there get better so that you are truely happy and not just masking it.
Hope today is a much better day for you and that you don't hurt as much. Know the boys are loving every minute. You truly are a very good mom and are setting a great example for your kids...hang in there...
Good morning my darling daughter.
Well, day two and all the livestock
are still surviving. No workmen. RBs!! Hope you are letting yourself
relax. I know that's hard for you,
but you need some relaxation.
I love you immensely. Enjoy as much as possible.
oh, janine...you do have a happily ever after...it's just the now that sucks. praying for peace, and for pain to go away (physical and emotional)...and that you really do enjoy today, between the memories.
glad you enjoyed everest.
Wow. That's horrible. I think I would've thrown it at her. :)
I am glad you made it there safely! I hope the rest of your trip goes better and that your hip doesn't get in the way of fun. I will pray that you have a good day and that your hip isn't too sore today. Have fun riding on the coasters! Ride one for us! :)
Tressa
Janine,
Glad you made it safely! There's that word, "Happy" again. We've discussed that before. How ironic that you got that button. I hate it when that happens. I too know that God does not hate me, BUT I sure feel that way every day. Hope you are able to enjoy yourself. Hugs to you, Lorry
Glad you made it here safely. I say here - because you are only about 2 hours from where I live! If my #2 son hadn't come home for the weekend, I would have headed your way to wave hello (and to say hello to son #1 who is at UCF). Will continue to pray that you have moments of enjoyment between the waves.
Post a Comment