Well, Peeps, I woke up this morning (the first time) feeling that anxious feeling coming on. So I decided to try to think about other things and see if I could fall back to sleep. And so I did. And then the next time I woke up (to the buzz of my cell phone, which meant I had just received an e-mail) I picked up my phone and read the e-mail, which was the comment from "p" .... which changed the mood of the morning. A comment from someone who reads the blog and thought of me yesterday and stopped to write and tell me so. And to tell me something positive. And I thought, "Wow. What a nice thing to do for a perfect stranger ..... to tell her that you thought of her and to send her an encouraging note." So thank you again, "p", for taking the time to do that. You turned my morning around.
The 5 kids and I went to church this morning and then out to lunch with Mom and D. Then we did a little shopping so that Son #2 could get some new jeans that hopefully will not have holes cut into them for at least a month or so. And Son #3 could get some new shorts ..... Mr. Athlete needed some new athletic clothing.
Then we came home ..... I was exhausted and really needed a nap, which I didn't take, so hopefully I'll sleep better tonight.
Daughter #3 left to return "home" right after lunch. Daughter #2 left to return "home" right after the shopping.
I miss them very, very much.
Daughter #1 and I had a pretty good talk today after church ..... I think (I hope) we understand each other a bit better now.
We came home and hung out with Mom and D for a couple of hours and then they left to go home around 6:30 or so.
It's been a quiet evening.
I miss the girls.
Tomorrow morning I take D#1 to the airport and then I head to my doctor's office to talk about changing up my meds.
I then plan on going to work and staying busy and occupied for most of the day. And hopefully I'll feel like I felt for most of today (before I felt exhausted), which was ...... pretty OK.
I'll be sad to take D#1 to the airport, since I won't be seeing her until Christmas. She's ready to get back .... and I can't blame her. It's hard to come back home once you've been in (and graduated) college. She doesn't have any friends left around here so it's not too exciting for her around here. Hopefully she enjoyed the down time because she starts back to classes on Tuesday and she'll be kept very, very busy until Christmas.
So tomorrow I'll be back to being the only female (not counting Gabby) in the house. Sigh.
That explains why I'll spend so many hours at work .... where there are women. And people who respect my opinion ..... or at least don't openly look at me like I'm a moron.
And that's something.
So happy end of the weekend, Peeps.
I hope your Monday is better than the Mamas and the Papas "Monday".
And if you don't get that, please don't tell me because you'll make me feel way, WAY too old.
:)
Night, Peeps.
Sleep tight.
3 comments:
I'm so glad it made a difference in your day! Now I know why I felt compelled to write.
And, wow, I got mentioned in your blog!!! :)
Yeah for satisfactory Sunday...sure beats sucky Sunday! I'll pray for managable Monday!
Sigh... I get it, unfortunately. Guess I'm up there with you. :)
I wish you a Magnificent Monday, age not withstanding!
Post a Comment