(Friday night: this was supposed to post last night .... not sure why it didn't, but trying again .....)
.... at least, so far. Which is pretty huge, considering I've cried every day for the last ..... I have no idea how long. But it's been a while.
But no tears today. Of course, it's only 8:25 p.m. so there's still plenty of time left, but I have felt better for 2 days in a row now ..... so yay for 2 days.
I went to work today .... it was a very full day.
Then I went to hang out with one of my closest friends .... we seem to be going through a lot of the same emotions lately .... so we get each other .... without having to say much. We're both sad that the other one "gets it", but also glad that she does. As long as we both don't get in my convertible, hook up with Brad Pitt and then drive off of a cliff ...... we'll be OK. What are the odds ....?
I came home and picked up the kids and took them out to dinner. It was a nice evening, other than listening to the three boys trash talk each other .... which gets pretty old.
But now we are home and everyone is relaxing and doing their own thing.
So I thought I'd upload some pictures from the lake this weekend.
This is my sister M, and me:
This is Son #3 at the lake .... wearing a wet suit and looking a little like James Bond. I don't know why ... I just sit and watch.

As soon as Son #1 got there, he took over and started getting things taken care of. He has SO MUCH of his father in him ...... it's sometimes overwhelming. He got the jet skis charged up in no time so that the kids could go out on them:


This is a pic of the young man who was picked to climb up the ramp to tie the rope swing back on .... after it was broken:






This is Son #3, coaching me on how to use the "new" rope swing. I was a bit nervous to use the "handle" that was now on it (since they added a tow rope to it). I was afraid of getting my foot caught in the handle:

The jet skis were finally charged ..... and then the water started to get quite choppy, which didn't bother the teens quite as much as it bothered the parents:





10 comments:
Your kids are tres gorgeous and I love seeing your mom.
Some peace for you at last! JYBS
Great pictures! I love the one of V, H, and N, but then I'm biased. The pictures of you are great too.
:)
Hurray for a tearless two days! Great pictures!
JB
I LOVE that dog. She is HUGE!!!
I love the picture of you swinging out over the water on the rope swing. It seems very symbolic of your life right now, just trusting in God's rope as you swing out into what each day holds for you. Love you.
Wonderful pictures. Almost feel like I am there. Happy there were tearless days for you also.
Luanne
yay for you going off the rope swing!!!!! Looks like a very fun day! :-) Love, K
Wow, your mom looks wonderful! I am glad you had a couple of good days, no one deserves them more. It's funny your referencing Thelma and Louise, because when you said something about wanting to just get in your car and go, I was thinking of how I need a friend to do the same thing! I haven't watched the whole movie, they weren't like gay or anything were they, cause that's alright for others but not me....But what I'm saying is I read your blog faithfully and am glad you are doing okay.
I haven't been to visit in a while and I"m glad I did. Loved the pics of you on the rope swing! And you and your doggie :) How cute!! And the kids look like they're having so much fun. Glad you have this retreat to go to!! And praying for the mri results to go smoothly!!
Post a Comment