Friday, November 20, 2009

Another Wave Slams the Shore ....


I went to MOPS today (Mothers of Preschoolers) where I am one of the Mentor Moms. I really enjoy this group of ladies and love being able to support younger moms.
Today we had a panel of men, each at a different stage of marriage. They were asked questions by the moms about marriage and their viewpoint on things.
I did fairly well .... for about 10 minutes.
Then my palms started sweating ... which is something they never do (unless I'm playing tennis). Then my heart started fluttering, which drives me crazy.
My mind seems to do one thing ... or TRIES to do one thing, and my body reacts in a whole different way.
I am learning to listen to my body (which saved me today from just sitting there and having tears roll down my face).
I quietly got up, acted like I was getting a drink, and snuck out of the room and went to my office, where I sat and cried.
It was very difficult to listen to a group of men talk about how to be a good husband and how to be a good wife to your husband.
You see, Jim was on a MOPS panel about fatherhood a few years ago.
So not only was it difficult to hear men talking about being husbands, but I kept remembering Jim sitting up there and discussing his role in our family and telling stories about our children.
Another wave.
Another day.
Hopefully it will be the only wave today. It's been a while since I had one .... about a week, I guess, which is good.
Things otherwise are going well and my life is moving forward. I won't go into much more detail than that, for now. I'll just leave you all hanging.
:)
Take care, Peeps and happy Friday.
:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm.... boyfriend??! You've got me interested! Can't leave your peeps hanging to long!!

Carrie said...

Oh, wow, that must have been so difficult. I'm so sorry. MOPS has been such a blessing to me as a young mom, I'm sure you're a wonderful mentor mom. Praying for you!

Cora White said...

wow at least you fund the trigger. i hope your waves become less frequent

Anonymous said...

If we could only shut the memories off until we are ready. Our minds at this point seem to be our enemy. Those who have been where we are now say that one day the memories will be happy and make us laugh and not cry. I am waiting for that day. Hugs to you Janine, and I'm glad your life is better. Lorry

Anonymous said...

Thank-you for continuing to put one foot in front of another and serve as MOPS mentor mom. I know the women there now are being blessed by you as much as I was.


Lisa B.