Saturday, November 28, 2009

A New Day ...

We are packing up this morning to head home. Of course, that will be after we watch as much of the Bedlam game as we can without missing our plane.
Son #3 is not thrilled that I did not make flight arrangements around the time of the game, rather than during it. Like I can think about more than one thing at a time .... sheesh, I was doing good to make reservations!
So yesterday got a bit better ..... in spite of the fact that we went to visit my mother-in-law's grave. I hadn't seen it before. The stone was very pretty. We put flowers out and just stood there in the wind for a while. It was somber.
Last night we went out for Mexican food. I had 3/4 of a margarita. My goal was to have 2. I failed. But the food was good, as was the margarita. If I have to fail at something I guess it's OK that I fail at drinking. :)
This has been a good, though difficult, trip. Of course I expected it to be difficult, but I can never really prepare myself fully for these kind of things. I guess the best I can do is brace myself against the waves that I know will come. I did pretty well, until yesterday and then I just gave in to the wave for a while. And that's OK. Sometimes it's so much easier to give in to it than to stand there and exhaust myself trying to hold up against it.
I still get tired, as the wave pulls me down and then tosses me up, but I sometimes seem to recover faster after I give in. Not always, but sometimes.
So, it's a new day. The weather has been gorgeous (though typically very windy) here. It's been good to be with the family again. It's been especially good to be with Son #1 and Daughters #2 & #3. I look forward to them coming home in a few weeks for the Christmas break.
So I will say good bye from Oklahoma.
Happy Saturday, Peeps.
And GO POKES!!!!
:)

No comments: