
.... (said with a Minnesota accent) .... that I had a good time with these women (and M) today.
I even won 2 rounds --- after getting my butt kicked a few times.
The three of them had a blast together .... it was great to just be among them and watch them. The one in the middle is the 91 year old and that woman has so much information stored in her brain that it left me speechless. She knows everyone in this area and everything about them and their extended family. She's amazing! She's close to twice my age and has a memory at least 10 times better than mine.I am now exhausted from all of their energy, competiveness and the amount of attention and brain-power it takes to play this game (.... to play it well anyway).
After they left and we had cleaned everything up, M and I took a little walk to go look at the stars. Today was much colder (but you'd be proud of me, Peeps --- I came close to whining but still managed to refrain), but also clearer. The sky is beautiful tonight and I could see the Milky Way (the galaxy, not the candy bar). That's one of the neat things about small towns ... the night sky.
I was told that it's supposed to get down to 28 degrees tonight.
I know!!
And we're going to church at 8:30 tomorrow morning. I will definitely be whining .... at least on the inside, at 8:20.
If you're awake at that time, Peeps, please send warm thoughts.
I will definitely need them.
Thanks .... and happy Saturday.
:)
7 comments:
Welcome to Minnesota -- so happy you have a safe haven here --- hugs
brrrrr. at least you know you'll be warm soon. enjoy a cool (okay, cold) crisp morning! happy sabbath!
would have loved to been there to play cards with you all...I bet it was to much fun. I love playing cards! Much love to you my dear sister! Stay warm!
My first experience with the Minnesota cold was in 1981 waiting for a hotel bus in a "heated" bus stop and my nostril hairs froze.
What a sensation! The wind chill was like -50 so enjoy the coolness and the warmth of the love surrounding you!
Nat's story got me thinking. My memory of Minn cold dates to January 1979. I was XC skiing alone, under a full moon. I found a hill in a farmer's field and worked my way to the top. Then I flew down the other side. When I hit the bottom I wiped out and had the wind knocked out of me. It was then that I remembered hearing of people freezing to death in the dead of winter. Suffice it to say, I didn't go skiing on such terrain at night anymore. But I did continue XC skiing and snowshoeing. Those folks taught me to embrace winter!
Al
I saw 28 degrees and thought - woo, a nice hot day.
then realised you mean Farenheit.
Here we deal in Celcius (18 the high today I think?)
great blog. everybody in that photo looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing
Post a Comment