Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Ask Me Wednesday!!


Wow! Who would've thought that so many questions would be asked today?! Especially when most of them had to do with the same topic!
:)
I'll answer the questions in the order they came in:

Anon asked how I managed to handle to bundle up six kids when it's cold:
Actually, since we live in south Texas, the most I ever had to bundle up was 4 and that was when we lived in Oklahoma. We don't have to really bundle down here. In fact, Son #3 wore shorts to school today and the temperature never got out of the 40's.
I think the most challenging time was when I only had the 3 girls .... twin toddlers and a 4 year old were the biggest challenge to bundle. Those years are a bit fuzzy to me .... I remember balancing a baby on each hip and guiding Daughter #1 around. I guess I just did what I had to do .... one day at a time (kind of like now).

Many questions were asked about the date last night. One anon summed it all up with these questions:
My AMW is: what's up with the date?! Who's the guy? Did you enjoy it? Is it something you plan on doing again? How did the kids feel about it? How did you in general feel about it? Have I got you feeling like you're on "The View"? lol

OK, Peeps .... here's the deal .... the guy is someone that I was introduced to about a month ago. He doesn't know about the blog yet and so I don't want to say too much. I feel I can talk about my children, since I carried almost every one of them for over 9 months and then spent hours and hours giving birth to each one of them. Paybacks are hell.
However, some things need to be kept private and his identity is one of those things. I did enjoy the date. We went out for dinner (had Chinese) and yes, I think we'll go out again.
We were introduced by someone I love very much.
I was scared beforehand and nervous, but as soon as we met up I was fine. We had a good time. Five out of six kids are fine with it. The 6th can just deal with it.
So there you go. I appreciate all of the positive comments you've given and all of the great support. I will keep you posted as much as I can.
:)

Another anon (there were quite a few anons this time!) asked:
Did you take the picture of the RR tracks on the WV blog? Great picture. An appropriate illustration for your very appropriate Wednesday post.

Yes, I took that picture while we were in Oklahoma for Thanksgiving. Thanks so much for the comment about the picture and the post. :)

Nat asked:
Here's my question for AMW-Have you reached the point where you enjoy food again?
I know for almost 2 years now you just ate to live (barely) but since I am one who lives to eat, I just had to ask.

Wow .... good question, Nat.
I would have to say that no, I still don't enjoy eating very much. I still only do it because I have to and probably not as often as I should. I wonder if that enjoyment will come back someday?
I don't think about it too much.

ShortyMom asked:
So did you think the date comment was going to sneak on by?

My question is how did you deal with the smart-mouthed, sassy brat uh pre-teen girls? I'm ready to lock Belle in her room until she's 25.

Oh, ShortyMom ..... just buckle your seat belt and try to be as patient as you can. I must say that I didn't have to deal with this a lot ..... our girls maybe tried the sassiness once or twice and we dealt with it swiftly. They were told in no uncertain terms that that kind of talk was not acceptable and they'd better watch their words, if they wanted to things to go smoothly in our home. Try to nip it in the bud as best you can and again, be patient. It's a phase.
P.S. No, I really didn't think I'd be able to sneak the date past all of you, but it was fun to give it a try! :)

Carrie asked:
Wow - a date? Well, my AMW question is: How was it? Did you enjoy it? And where (and what) did you eat? :)
Hi Carrie ..... I think I answered your questions up above, but yes, I did enjoy it. I think we both had a good time.


OK, Peeps ..... thanks again for all of the questions and comments. You guys are great and continue to be a huge source of encouragement and support for me. I'm sorry that I can't give you any more info than I did .... but hopefully you understand.
I will keep you posted as I can ..... not to worry. You all were the among the first (after my children) to find out.

I did manage to break through my taped up bathroom doors today and saw the progress. It's coming along, although I wish they'd move a bit faster.
I didn't take any pictures .... I'm waiting for it to look more like a bathroom again.

G'night Peeps and happy Wednesday.
:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are wise for the way you are keeping your boundaries regarding the details of the person and the date.
JB

susan said...

i for one enjoyed how you dropped the "i went on a date" bomb in at the end of the blog...it harkens back to a before, fun-loving, maximum impact janine, who really knew how to get the most bang for her buck...and couldn't help but provoke a huge response from your readers. thanks.

Carrie said...

Glad you enjoyed your date, and that five of your kids are okay with it, too. Thanks for sharing! :)