Well, it's that time of the week again, Peeps. I slept a bit better last night and I was able to play tennis today so it was a good day.
I had dinner with my Circle tonight so it was a good evening.
I can't ask for much more than that. :)
Here are this week's questions:
Beth asked if I've decorated the tree.
Yes, I've put a few ornaments on it, but nothing compared to previous years. It's still a bit bare looking but at least it's pre-lit, so it looks OK.
Anon left this question:
"Before your husband died you probably had some favorite Christmas movies. Those flicks could be bittersweet now, but it would be interesting to know what your favorties were (are)."
Our all-time favorite Christmas movie is "A Christmas Story". Jim loved that movie, as do the rest of us. I still enjoy watching it, as well as "It's a Wonderful Life", "White Christmas", "Holiday Inn" and the Muppets' version of "A Christmas Carol" (I like the Muppets' version of anything).
Good question, Anon .... thanks.
Lorry asked about my problem sleeping and if I think it's connected to this time of the year.
Yes, I think that's definitely possible. I am constantly amazed at how my body reacts to things that I'm not really aware of. Of course, it would help if I listened to my body, but we don't always speak the same language. It's hard to believe all of the things that stress can do to you.
I also received a couple of questions by e-mail .....
Anon asked when we open our gifts .... Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
We open our gifts Christmas morning. Santa comes Christmas Eve (yes, he still comes to see us!) and leaves his gift unwrapped. Once I get up then the kids can come downstairs ... all at the same time, youngest to oldest, and they rush to find their stocking and Santa gift. Every year.
:)
Another Anon asked how my hip is doing.
Thank you for asking ... it's much better. I still feel it when I've sat or stood too long, and after I've played tennis, but it's so much better than it was. My next MRI is next week and I expect everything to be normal.
The last question was "Are all of your children going to be with you for Christmas?".
Yes, all 6 will be home, thankfully.
Daughter #1 did not get to come home for Thanksgiving so I'm looking forward to having her here, as well as the other two daughters and Son #1. We will have a full house. :)
OK, that's it for this week.
As always, thanks for the comments and the questions, Peeps.
And happy Wednesday.
2 comments:
So I am asking on Wed. night. Do you have your manger scene up? I think that would be the one decoration I would need each Christmas to make it complete. I remember being in the hospital over Christmas and really missing the manger scene becuase it gives me such hope. I hope you do, so that each day or moment you can look at it and once again remember Jesus being born to give us hope.
Ours is up in our house, not everything else that I like to be up, but the manger scene is.
God be with you!
Lots of love,
jybs
Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you & praying for you extra this month - my daughter is due on the 18th, so that date comes to mind a lot & I always think of you. May God give you grace for this difficult season.
Post a Comment