Monday, January 11, 2010

I Lost My Mind ....

.... and hit the tennis courts this morning when it was 32 degrees. Tennis women are animals! No one (there were 8 of us) would back down first by saying it was too cold! So we all showed up, bundled in several layers of clothing. It's a bit hard to move on the courts when you're bundled in several layers. It didn't take me long to get warmed up and start peeling them away.
The sun was shining and it was a beautiful day .... in spite of the temperature.

Daughter #3 left on Saturday so I'm hanging with the boys now. I started missing her before she left.

The boys and I had a good weekend. Son #1 will return to school on Saturday. I'll miss him, too.

Life is moving along .... with and without waves.
Just as it should be, I guess.

I have less words to write these days.
There are a couple of reasons for that .... one is that there's a lot less going on lately.
Another is that I am not able to write as freely as I once was, for various reasons.
I also don't seem to have the need/desire to write anything .... which feels very odd. That makes me feel very unlike myself. It's like I'm not at home in my own skin.
It's not that everything is wonderful so I have no feelings to write about ..... it's more that I just don't know what to say anymore .... like I've forgotten how to write.

Enough rambling.
Suffice it to say that I will probably be writing a lot less .... unless something happens to change that again.
Thanks for hanging with me ..... and praying for me.

9 comments:

Leslie said...

I view your change as so positive! Kind of like when I journal less because I'm in a better place.

Don't write for us...write for you. We're just peeping toms anyway. Hugs.

Mom said...

Good afternoon my darling daughter.
I was so shocked to see that you went out in the cold to play tennis! How did you do? Amazing is all I can say, since you are such a cold weather weenie!!

I love you bunches.

purejoy said...

write when you are able. i enjoy your words. many of them are not easy to read, but i love that you are transparently sharing your heart.
blessings to you as you begin a new year and continue your journey.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! We're gunna miss you, but happy for you! Good luck and God Bless your future endeavors.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! We're gunna miss you, but happy for you! Good luck and God Bless your future endeavors.

susan said...

write what you want when you want...maybe you'll be free to go back to those blogs that are just humorous takes on your day (i.e., taking your son to the dr's office...you remember the one) because you'll start seeing more of the humor, or feel more like it's okay to write those things again.
we love you with or without the blog.

Anonymous said...

Good-bye Janine. Best wishes on your new life.

kdawnmartin said...

Hey sis! Wow YOU getting out in the cold to play Tennis???? That is a feat in itself....You go girl! I love you sis and will check everyday for a post, I love reading what you write...you inspire alot of us and we love you and know things change...so we will wait and see...I love you very much....I am blessed to be able to call you my sister!!

Anonymous said...

When you are moved to write, I know you will, .... abide/remain in Him, ... you will bear fruit for & in Him..."
Your words bless others, so He is working through you, now may just be a time of quiet & rest for your heart...