Saturday, February 27, 2010

Boston in February ....

.... is oh so cold and wet.
I'm glad I've been here before and seen it at a better time of year.
Daughter #1 has been extremely busy, which I totally expected. She's had rehearsals until midnight each night so I've been able to read one book and start another, plus keep up with the Olympics. Not too bad. :)
Tonight is opening night and I'm looking forward to seeing the show.
We'll probably also walk around Cambridge at bit this afternoon if the rain can manage to hold off.
I heard that my house is still standing .... so far.
I received a teacher call yesterday .... here in Boston. I wanted to tell her that she won the prize for the longest distance, but I didn't. I was nice. And not very helpful, but understanding. Yet again.
I got a call from an excited Daughter #2 this morning ..... it seems that she has formally been nominated to join the Peace Corps. Now she just has to pass the medical stuff and the background check.
Hopefully they won't look into her mother's background at all for this.
Just kidding (though there WAS that one time in France ......).
Anyway, I'm happy for her.

OK, that's it from Boston ..... have to go put on another layer of clothes.

I love the cold, I love the cold, IlovethecoldIlovethecoldIlovethecoldIlovethecoldIlovethecold.







5 comments:

purejoy said...

forget the rain and embrace cold and damp.
i'm so glad you have a daughter there to warm you up and hope opening night goes well and you have a fun time making memories this weekend.

wishing you the best…

Amanda Towne said...

Just keep saying it, Janine! (It's not even that cold here...LOL)

Hope the show is fantastic!

kdawnmartin said...

you make me laugh!! You better love the cold....your going SKIING...crazy girl!!!! Soooooo exicted for daughter 1 and 2...how awsome is opening night AND the peace corps WOW! Stay warm and dry and have a good time...Tell #1 I said hi and break a leg!!!! Oh and I love her bunches and bunches! and you too of course!

Mom said...

Good evening my darling daughter. So sorry it's been crummy weather, but as you said. . .Boston in February. Hope things go well tonight for W. And congrats to daughter #2!! Well, if she passes the background check. Yeah, that France thingy. Chuckle.

Love you bunches, and I'm so glad you are having an enjoyable time.

Patty said...

Think of it as preparation for Spring Break! Youlovethecoldyoulovethecoldyoulovethecold!