I have tried. I conquered the bunny hills. Tubing was a blast. Even the lifts weren't too bad. But my first real run was one of the scariest experiences of my life. It reminded me of labor ..... once you're into it there's no way out except going through it. And both involved a few tears.
I am now drinkng a margarita and trying to stop shaking.
If that makes me a wimp then so be it. I'm ok with that. I'm old enough to not do what I don't like and old enough to know that hurtling down a mountain can kill me ..... dead.
Daughter #3 figured it out before lunch. It took me a bit longer.
The car ride was great. It flew by. We have a 12 passenger van so there was lots of space. It really was fun.
The tubing was wonderful. The weather has been mostly fabulous --- lots of sun today and the first day. In fact we had to
peel layers off this morning. After my near-death experience comng down the mounain my clothes were, and still are, soaked.
The kids have been good. The Son is having a blast and has thus far broken no bones.
I have decided that---should I ever go on a ski trip again---my job will be to stay at the house to read and protect it from bears. Do not laugh --- bears can be a real threat up here and I would take my position seriously.
It's either that or I plop my body down on the nearest beach with an iv of piƱa coladas. I'll be happy with either.
OK, my margarita has been drained. I must make a decision .... back out to the slopes or back to the bar. Which choice do you suppose will win, Peeps?
Happy Monday.
: )
2 comments:
Ooo Ooooo Oooooo I know, I know!!!! Ooooo Pick ME!!!! LOL BAR!!!!!! I win! I like you my dear sister do not like the slopes. I would rather sit at the bar with you and keep the bears away. Cant wait to see more pictures of your trip. Stay warm and I love you!!! Oh, and thanks for the laugh, I love to read your blog!!!
Soooo now is not a good time to say the 2nd day is always better than the first?
Actually I say enjoy the mts. any way you can...inside, outside, in a hot tub or on a sled ride!
Glad you can laugh, I am sure you and Lauren are having a good day taogether.... INSIDE! Lots of love --- mjd
Post a Comment