Monday, March 1, 2010

Houston in March .....

.... so far is about as nice as Boston in February, only 17 degrees warmer.
What is with this weather???

I had a good time with Daughter #1. The play was good and of course I think she did a great job. I love reading her articles and play notes. She never ceases to amaze me.
Yes, I'm just a wee bit proud of her (and of the rest of the Crew).

The house was indeed still standing upon my return. Will wonders never cease?

Life continues.

I wish that the grief did not, but it does.
And I know it always will.

There are no words to describe what it feels like to love someone while loving Jim.
To be happy being with someone while missing Jim.
To be thankful for new love while crying for what is not here.
To long to keep moving forward while longing for what can never be again.
To be thankful for being loved again while aching for the love I had.

No.
T.A.N.W.

I was, and continue to be, blessed.
Even on the days I feel cursed.

Thankfully those days are fewer and fewer.
Actually, they aren't even days now ..... just moments in a day.
Mostly.

I feel like I have walked a million miles across a desert and I am now starting to see signs of life.
An end to the desert.
But not the walking.
Never the walking.

I am exhausted from all of the walking.
But I am stronger, too.

And that's something.


7 comments:

kdawnmartin said...

I. Love. You.

Tressa said...

I am glad you are moving forward, I can't imagine what it would feel like either. :)

On a side note, one of my neighbors lost her husband to cancer on Sunday. They have 3 young kids and they just built a house. I am asking for some extra prayers for them if you would please. Thank you!
Tressa

Janine said...

Tressa,
I am so very sorry about your neighbor's husband. Sigh. I will be praying. Please let me know if there's any other way in which I can be of help.
Janine

Janine said...

Dawn ...
I know. Thank you.
And I love you. Very much. : )

Al said...

Janine,
The picture of life after the million mile desert breathes hope.
I am praying for valleys and mountainsides of flowering hope for you.
Al

Tressa said...

Thank you so much Janine :)

jessica said...

I will always be in your corner, Janine. Yours is a voice which expresses what so many of us on this journey, would LOVE to say -- but you say it so much better than we can. I am also enjoying your changes, which seem so amazing to you (as they are to those of us who find someone while really not searching for that someone). BTW - where will you be doing your skiing at?