Monday, March 29, 2010

Sunshine ....

.... is really great medicine, don't you think?
We've had some excellent weather over the last few days. Today was beautiful.
I wasn't scheduled to play tennis today (bummer) but I did go and watch my team and we won 3 out of the 4 matches, thus keeping our place secure for the season. It was a relief.

I took the Son in to get his car .... you know, the one who's brakes had been murdered.
It's so great to know that there's almost nothing that money can't fix. Almost.
Money is worth crap when you're husband/best friend/soul mate dies.
FYI.

We had a good weekend at the lake. The Sons only have school for three days this week. I think they're pretty excited.
I'm excited to have Daughters #2 & #3 and Son #1 come home this weekend. It will be a full house.
I think we're going to try the blending of the families for Easter. Pray, please.
I'm more than ready for some people to grow up a bit and look outside of themselves to help make this easier.
We. Shall. See.

In other news .... one of Daughter #3's room mates brought home a stray baby duck.
Yep, a duck in an apartment.
What. Ev. Er.
Yes, he's cute.
For now.
Ugh.

I think that's it for today.

Except for this.......

I think ...... dare I think ....... yes, I dare ...... I'm feeling more than content lately.

I'm feeling happy.
In spite of ...... well, just in spite of.

And that, my Peeps, is something.
Is it not?

Happy Monday.
:)


7 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so happy that you went out and enjoyed some sunshine....or was it Sonshine :)

Is the duck in the bathtub? You'll have to encourage the girls to watch the movie "Fly Away Home" 1996 I think they'll enjoy it. It's about a young Canadian girl who raises a flock of baby ducks. True story!

Jennifer M Karn said...

Yes, money means nothing when you're lost.

susan said...

yay janine, and yay God!

Kelli Hopkins said...

We would love the sunshine in northern Indiana we just don't get much of it yet. Your blog helps me tremendously! You have lost so much and can still be so honest! I hope you know how much letting others have insight to your soul help theirs! God Bless! P.S. Boys and cars are the fastest way to cash out of my account lately so I really understand that too!

kdawnmartin said...

Hell Yeah it's something!!!!! YAY for something!!!!! I love you!!!!

Melissa said...

Joey and Chandler had a duck on Friends. They liked it.

Janine said...

Heather .... I don't know if the duck is in the tub. I'll have to check that out and let you know. We got that movie when it first came out (many, many moons ago) and the girls loved it. : )

Jennifer .... I know you "get it". Thanks.

Susan .... Yes .... Yay God, indeed. :)

Kelli .... Thank you so much for reading and for the encouraging comment. It means a lot. :)

Dawn ... I love you, too. Very much.

Melissa ... You made me smile. I remember that duck. What a hoot! :)