.... so I made it through another Mother's Day. Those of you who are widowed know exactly how I mean that.
Those of you who aren't can guess.
Actually, it was a pretty nice day.
The two boys and I drove to the lake yesterday morning. Daughters #2 & #3 were there and were fixing us (and my Mom and D) a wonderful brunch. It was great to spend time with them.
The two of them had to leave around mid-afternoon, though. It was a short visit. But I'll see both of them on Friday, when Daughter #3 graduates from Baylor. Woot!!!!
The boys and I stayed and we had grilled burgers with Mom and D before we headed back home last night.
It was a quiet, but nice Mother's Day.
And it was nice to be able to spend it with my mother. We haven't been able to do that in a very long time.
On Saturday C and I drove to Dallas to load up some of Son #1's stuff and to spend the day with him.
We went out for brunch (it was a brunchy weekend), saw the lake where he does his sailing with the school sailing club (it was a gorgeous day), went to the Galleria in Dallas, and then took his room mate and him out to dinner before we headed back to Houston.
It was a long, but nice, day.
It was nice to have a lot of time with C.
Very nice.
Even if it was driving in a car.
The boys and I brought the horse/dog back home with us. She's been living with her sister (and loving it) at my mom's, but I've been missing her, as have the boys.
So we brought her back.
And, for the first time in well over 2 years, I had a 165 pound (though I think she may be more like 175) being sleep in my room with me.
She slept on the floor, though. Next to my side of the bed.
And she snored.
Very loudly.
She also had a very loud dream.
But other than that .... it was nice to have her here.
She's lying next to me at the moment, napping.
She leads a very rough life.
She managed to stay out of trouble today in the house by herself for four hours. I haven't gotten her crate in yet, so she had the run of half of the downstairs. I had some trepidation as I entered the house after playing tennis this morning, but all was good. She was lying on the couch and nothing had been eaten or chewed up.
At least nothing that I've noticed ..... yet.
This month is going to fly by .... Daughter #1 graduates at the end of it so I have another trip planned.
We have a prom to get through before that and C's oldest daughter graduates from high school the day after Daughter #1 graduates from grad school.
After that I have a nephew getting married and then leave on my trip with D1.
And then it will be the end of June.
Whew.
Life is moving forward.
I'm at such a different place than I was at this time last year.
That's a very good thing.
This time last year I wouldn't have given you very good odds that I would survive the year.
But I did.
Thankfully.
It still isn't easy.
Not by a long shot.
I still miss him so very much.
I still hate being a single parent.
I still cry.
I still get depressed.
But now I don't stay there.
I'm able to cry and then let the pain go.
For a while.
And I'm able to remember a lot and not cry.
I'm able to think of him and to be so very thankful for the time we had.
And for the children we have.
And the fact that I made it through another Mother's Day .... without him.
And had a nice day.
Happy Monday, Peeps.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment