.... when I walk into a Grief Share meeting.
Actually feel it.
And remember it.
I am leading another session.
This was our second week.
There are 5 newly-grieving people.
Their grief is fresh.
My heart breaks for them.
It's different leading it this time.
I feel as if I have made it to "the other side" of grieving.
Not that I'm done.
I'll never be done grieving Jim.
Ever.
But I've made it through the active, too-painful-to-live pain.
Last time I led Grief Share I was smack dab in the middle of that grief.
And so I went through it again with that group.
Which made it a bit easier in some ways and harder in others.
This time it's harder in other ways.
Like remembering that physical pain.
I don't like going back there.
Not at all.
But I also know what these 5 people do not:
it is possible to survive and get through it.
I know what they don't believe:
it's possible to feel joy again;
it's possible to think of your loved one and not cry;
it's possible to wake up in the morning and that loss is no longer your first thought;
it's possible to live.
And it's possible to be happy again.
Even though you can feel the pain.
Happy Wednesday, Peeps.
6 comments:
Janine--you don't know me, but I am a real life friend of Jill's.
Thank you for always being so honest in your blogging. It means a lot to several of us over here on the east coast.
Grief Share has been a real blessing to me. I hope the five newcomers will find comfort and strength in your group.
Dearest LS,
You are a blessing from God for these people in your class. I praise God for your open-ness in leading.
Love you!
JYBS
Oh! Thanks for the beautiful reminder.
I love you so so much.
I haven't been here in a while but stopped in and your post brought tears to my eye. Very beautifuk and poignant, and having read through your grief and re-awakening I'm so happy for you that you are on the "other side"!! Lots of love! Wendee
Post a Comment