Saturday, January 24, 2009

Taking a deep breath ....

..... and trying not to scream.
And finding that very, very difficult tonight.

I received an e-mail from the hospital stating that I have an appointment Tuesday at 2:00.  For an orientation.

I have no words to describe what I'm feeling .... anger and frustration don't do it justice.  This probably sounds like something so stupid to be this upset over.  But it's just "one more thing".
And the "one more thing" was supposed to be the biopsy.  No mention ....... ever.......of an orientation.

No one called me.  No one asked me if this was a good time.  No one told me about an "orientation", that I don't think I need, because I am not the diagnosed cancer patient that they are treating me as.  

No one asked.
No one heard.
No one listened.

So no one hears the screaming going on inside.

I feel as if I've been screaming on the inside a lot lately.  

And it's rapidly driving me insane.
Which, really ....... might not be so bad.







6 comments:

kdawnmartin said...

The only thing I can say is I am so sorry that YOU have to go thorugh this. YOU have so much more on YOUR plate than most of us do in a lifetime. YOU do not deserve this! I hate this! YOU are being thought of and prayed for so much and I hope YOU know this! I love you so so much Janine. This can't get worse can it????? One would think it could only get better RIGHT?????? Please Heavenly Father...look out after my so deserving sister. She has been through soooo much this past year and so deserves a break! I just pray peace and comfort and that all turns out well. I know that what is is but please Heavenly Father...enough is enough...don't you think?????? Amen I hope I haven't overstepped my boundries here but what is a sister to do when her sister is hurt and just DONE? I wish I could be there with you and hold you and hug you. I miss you so much and I love you more!

Wendie said...

You need an advocate so you aren't dealing with this BS...

Anonymous said...

an email?!?!?!?! what the #&%%!! this is crazy. You havn't been told anything. They havn't even done the biopsy? I'll go with you.

Tri-Vet said...

You need to let the doctors office know that you are a person, not a case. We get that talk in veterinary school and we are only dealing with animals for gosh sake! Seriously, you will only feel better if you let them know how you feel about how you are being treated and also that is the only way they are going to know how not to treat patients in the future. You do need an advocate, and unfortunately or not, you have to be your own advocate and voice your feelings. You have every right!

Love,
Melanie

Mary Lou said...

This has to be a mistake. I would csll the doctor's office first thing in the morning and ask, demand that they give you an explanation. As the others have said,you have rights and they are not treating you as a person. You are a person with feelings and you have every right to be screaming on the inside as well as the outside. I will storm heaven for you today and pray that the Prince of Peace will fill you with His peace. That He will calm the storm that is in you and surround you with peace. No matter how it feels He is with you. Hold on tight to His right hand, climb up in His lap...you are His child. Blessings
Mary Lou

Carrie said...

Oh, my goodness. I'm so sorry. I am praying for you, Janine, about every day.