
Happy Wednesday, Peeps.
Thank you for all of the reminders ..... in the comments, in e-mails, and even in a text message from a phone number I did not recognize! You guys are great!
So yes, I remembered the camera.
Alas, the team lost .... 7-6, but it was a great game. We scored our touch down in the last 30 seconds of the game. Son #3 had thought it would be a massive slaughter, but it was not .... not by a long shot. And he, of course, played extremely well and helped throw a few guys to the ground. I'll post pics tomorrow so you'll be able to see this was no small feat. The other team was quite large .... literally. Our team .... not so much.
So yay for our team. They held their own.
Today was a long day ..... went to work and then went to work at the therapist's office. It was a long session (she held me over) and it was hard. I seem to be grieving "very hard", which is normal .... especially since I wasn't able to last year. She also picked up on a lot of anger towards God ...... more than I thought I had. Who'd a thunk?
But it makes sense .... if I really am just now doing the "normal" grieving, then I'm just now getting down to the anger part.
She's also trying to get me to see that I have too many responsibilities and need to give up a few things to make room for the grief. It's hard for me to see that. I think if I make room for the grief I'll sit at home and go crazy.
So we're working on that.
She says that I should have no expectations of myself for this year, nor should anyone else ... the same as the first year for most people.
She'd like me to cut down on writing the blog, because she sees it as a "responsibility" for me. Some days I see it as that, too ..... I don't want to disappoint people on some days by not writing, or make anyone worry if I don't write for a couple of days. But most days I need to do it. But .... I told her that I would agree and try to not post every day.
So .... don't give up on me if I don't post a often. I need the prayers, the affirmation and the feedback that you all so freely give.
And who knows .... I may really go crazy if I don't post often enough so we'll have to find something else to cut back on. :)
On to the questions ...... (we won't stop "Ask Me Wednesday"):
RJ asked:
For Ask Me Wednesday. What do you think of Roger Federer? We had reports here that he heard a baby crying in the crowd, and it spurred him to win over Tommy Robredo. Any advice for the father of twin girls?
Another question: Is there a habit you'd like to pick up? Is there a habit you would like to break?
Hi RJ,
I admire Federer quite a bit. I've read that he's one of the nicest men on the tour. He's very caring and encouraging to the other players. And as a player himself, he does make tennis look like art. He is an amazing player ..... and now that he's a father of twin girls ... he's that much better. :)
As far as habits go ..... I wish I could stop chewing the inside of my mouth when I'm stressed, or shaking my leg, or doing other things that make it so obvious that I'm extremely stressed, but mostly the mouth thing cuz it hurts the most.
As for one I'd like to pick up .... to be able to leave my house in plenty of time for everything I have to do..
My lovely sister, Dawn, asked:
Oh and for ask me Wednesday...What do you do with 2 teenage boys that think they don't have to do a dang thing around the house. They do do their laundry but then sometimes leave it in the washing machine and I have to take it out and put it in the dryer. Then have to take it out of the dryer...do you fold it or just put it in the basket? I do have so many questions about teenage boys because my two step sons are about on my last nerve. Well... the 18 year old is...the 22 is somewhat ok sometimes. Any enlighting you might bestow upon me will be greatly appreciated!
Dawn,
I can NOT believe you had enough guts to ask me this in public!! You know what I think about that!!! Very, very little.
When it's time to move the laundry out of the washer .... I would dump it in a basket (or on the floor) soaking wet. It's not YOUR job to do it ..... no matter what stage it's in. I've often times just moved in out of the washer. Sometimes I'll move it to the dryer, depending on my mood and how nice they've been, sometimes I might even fold it when it comes out of the dryer, but that's rare. Most times I'd dump it in a basket, or on the dryer, to continue the next load.
Stop doing the work for those boys!!
You asked. :)
bbeatley asked:
Why doesn't D#1 want her picture on your blog? (Maybe you have answered that before, but I didn't see it).
Did you ever have any problems with your children wanting to quit stuff and if so, did you allow them to? My 6 year old just quit Football...and we allowed him too because he doesn't know what he is doing, the coaches weren't teaching him, and we were scared that he would get hurt. One of my twins who is 12...joined band this year and now he wants to quit because he said it is too hard. I told him no, but I wonder if I am being too hard on him. I don't want them to think they can keep quitting everything when things start to get a little tough.
Hi bbeatley and welcome to AMW!
I'm not exactly sure why D#1 doesn't want her picture on the blog. She's very private. I'm not sure what she thinks might happen .... I told her that if I don't have her picture on it then the love of her life won't be able to see it and contact her.
It didn't work.
Yes, we've dealt with this "Quitting" problem before. I would say that for most things, we didn't (and still don't) let the kids quit. It would depend on each situation, though and what impact it would have on the child ---- to stay or to quit. But mostly ..... no quitting.
Personally, I think 6 is a little young for football so I might have given in on that one. But for the 12 year old and band .... I would say stick it out. It's tough (we've been through band) but he will get a lot out of it and can decide at the end of the year whether to continue on or not. My guess is that he'll probably continue.
I know that teachers and coaches tend to be tougher at the beginning of the year in order to weed out the weaker students.
I agree .... you definitely don't want them quitting stuff every time something gets hard.
Good question!
Cici so hilariously asked:
My question...I often forget to take my camera to events. Does that ever happen to you?
Cici,
Hmmmmmm ..... my answer would have to be .... yes ...... yes it does.
:)
Nat asked:
Here's my question-
Did the game get rained out?
Hi Nat,
Nope .... it did not. They did change the game to another stadium, though .... one with astroturf rather than real grass, though. I guess they didn't want our dainty footballers to get muddy.
We sat in the drizzle for part of the game, but it wasn't too bad.
OK, Peeps .... thanks for asking.
Maybe I'll write tomorrow .... maybe I won't. We shall see.
Bear with me, please.
I'm working on me.
: )
11 comments:
Well said. Rsst... God wants you to have peace and so do the rest of us. We love you where you are and pray for what you are going through. Give son #3 & #2 hugs and rest. You are so special. With love and prayers. ;-)
I had a question Janine, but I see you have finished up on questions for tonight...really you can answer it any time...What is Kaley doing?
Dear Janine:
You are very wise to take the advice of your therapist. The second and third year... are very difficult especially handling all the unknowns that come our way. I tried so hard to keep myself together and I finally crashed at the third year with so many things that were coming at me. Then I went into counseling. I can't say that things are great now, stuff creeps in and I am just now trying to figure out my role in life as a widow and what I'm going to do with my life. I've been a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom for 22 years. I am lost. But I'm "working" on what is best for me and not everyone else -- this is still hard for me to do (I'm not a very assertive person),especially with children still at home, as you well know. I know you don't feel strong right now, but you are and you have so many who love you and are encouraging to you. You are going to make it, but it is going to take time and alot of grieving. By the way, I am still working on the anger thing with God. It comes and goes, but it still is a struggle. It may always be. Hang in there. You are loved with an everlasting love!
With much love,
Beth in NC
P.S. I wrote a comment on the Widow's voice blog about a few of the choice lines said to me.
Should we re-ask our questions from last week? :) Don't want to throw more blog stuff on you while you're trying to cut back! Good luck, and don't ever feel that your hobby of blogging is a responsibility. Its supposed to be a release on your end and just a guilty pleasure on ours! So if you can do without, we most certainly can too.
My thoughts on D1 is she did something in Russia and now she is a spy and doesn't want her picture on your blog in fear she might be seen by all your Russian readers...possible?...don't know...but it made me laugh out loud! I know, I know...it doesn't take much!!!! Can't wait to see the pics of S3 but in your own time...you take care of you and don't worry about us dang blog readers. We as always will take what we get when we can get it and if you need time away take it. We, and I think I speek for most of your readers will be here waiting how ever long it takes! Love you tons my dear sweet sister!
happy to bear with you and to even pray for you when you DON'T post!!
rock with it, sister!!
i'll be praying anyway!!
Don't worry, no one will leave your blog. And if they do, then they weren't worth your time anyways. We are all here for you and if that means you only post 1-2 times a week, then that is what you post. But I guess this means I will have to do something more productive, versus being on the computer!! HAHA!! I am glad you are listening to your therapist, that is important. I still pray for you, and I will continue to read your blog, even if you don't post daily!
God bless you!
Tressa
by all means stop writing the blog if you think it's a responsibility...you don't need more of those. however, i think you could no more stop blogging than you could stop breathing...you're living one breath, and one blog, at a time.
and that's my two cents worth.
Now that I am working 5 days a week if you blog less than I may have more time on my hands to clean house more-so keep blogging!
Don't listen to those nice, sweet folks telling you to back off if you need to-I say keep blogging, blog more so I don't have to clean.
Okay now to be serious-there is a great book out there called Boundaries, I think you have heard of it. Do what you need to do and we will all continue to love and support you-always!
Oh I so relate to your "habit I'd like to pick up" I am terrible at trying to fit in six more things before I leave the house, or put off going until the last minute.
It totally adds to my stress levels but...I still do it!
It was interesting to see what your therapist said...I'll admit that I'd wondered how you could do what you do. Don't fear slowing down...it really does help to have the time and space. If you like reading, I suggest that you read a lot of stories of other widows (primarily Christian). It would help you fill the space. ;) But also, it helped me hugely last year...because I could see I was normal and that, no matter when it happens, everybody crashes at some point and there's hope for us because all these others survived too. If that interests you, message me and I can let you know what I read. I just wish that everybody around me last year had your therapist's rulebook of expectations for that primary year of grieving!!!!
Post a Comment