Sunday, September 20, 2009

Did You Forget About Me??

I can't believe I haven't written a post since last Thursday! In spite of that, it was a good week, Peeps.
Here's something very, very different .... Friday was the 18th ..... which means it was 21 months ago that Jim died ..... and I didn't think about the 18th being "the 18th" one-single-moment.
Not. One.
Not until the next day when someone asked me about it.
I think that says so many things .... but I'll leave that for a later post. Just thought it was worth mentioning.
That was the day I drove to Temple, Tx with my friend V for a beautiful wedding on the 19th. We had a good time. We went out for dinner, got very, very lost after we had to drive to the next county for some Bailey's (a girl has to have some alcohol!) and then made it back to the hotel to meet up with Son #1 and finally the Daughters 2 and 3. The girls had been to the rehearsal and the dinner, so they got away late.
D #3 and S#1 stayed in my room with me.
The next morning S#1 went with V and me to go antique shopping in the nearby town of Salado. We had a great time.
We came back in time to get ready for the 4:00 wedding, A & M drove in and met us at the hotel and then we all went to the church.
Thankfully, I was prepared for this wedding and for the walk down the aisle of the bride and her father. Does that mean it didn't hurt? Nope, not at all. It still hurt and I was shaking like a leaf during most of the service, but I made it through. I stood tall through the wave. And I was glad to be there.
Daughter #2 sang through most of the wedding and Daughter #3 sang the last song with her. That is the song I'll try to post.

We went to the reception for a while and then A, M & I drove back home. I slept most of the way. I'm not sure what time we got home, but I stayed up until around 1:00 or so.

The boys and I went to church this morning and then had a quiet afternoon at home. I went to Bible study and was home around 7:15 or so. I'm pooped. I have a tennis match tomorrow (just for fun) and then hope to spend more time at home relaxing this week than I have in a while.

Thanks for answering the movie question .... I also have way too many to choose just one.
It's been great to read your answers.
I'm still feeling a bit "flat", but not as much as before. Overall I've been feeling much better, so yay for meds, Peeps. And for the ability to tweak them.

I now have another prayer request for you. My little brother is winging his way towards Iraq at this very moment. Please pray for his safety (he'll be there for 4 months) and for peace and strength for my sister-in-law K, and my two beautiful nieces. I was able to talk to him a couple of times yesterday .... before he got out of the country.
Thank you for praying, Peeps. I know that you have all of them covered.

P.S. I tried ALL NIGHT LONG to post the video of the girls singing but as you can see, no video. I will try again today.
Thus, this "Sunday Post" isn't being posted until Monday.
In spite of my best efforts. Oh well.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Janine:

Glad to hear that things are a bit better and that you made it through a wedding and "the 18th". My first wedding was my daughter's -- Ugh!!!!! Your strength continually grows and I am sure those who love and know you see it. I will be praying for your brother in Iraq, please pray for my brother-in-law (my husband's brother) now in Afghanistan - his 3rd deployment. He will be there a year. He has a wife and 8 year old daughter.

Hope we will get to meet.

With much love and continued prayer.

Beth in NC

Kim said...

Janine,

So happy to see the love prevailing while pain takes a backseat. It is very inspiring.

As you know, my love was a soldier, deployed to Iraw as well, so I will be pulling in some heavy prayers for him and his loves ones.

Love,
Kim

thecoolestmom3 said...

You mean God used me as a distraction? WOW!
Now I don't feel so bad almost running out of gas or getting lost!
LOL
He can use me anytime :)

Yes, I figured it out! Yea me!!

Anonymous said...

Janine,
I smiled when I read your post. I know the BIG accomplishment it was not to have thought of the "18th". You have reached a big moment and I'm glad you made it through. I'll be glad when I stop counting the weeks. I wonder when that will come. Hugs to you, Lorry

Anonymous said...

Your Peeps would never forget about you! We miss when you don't post but we don't want to be a burden either! We are ESPECIALLY happy to hear when you have good days...yeah for that! Here's praying that there are more good days than bad in the future!

Carrie said...

I'm glad you made it through the wedding, though I'm sure it was difficult - I was praying for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's it, just Wow!!! Love, Cindy T.