Happy Tuesday, Peeps.
I'd love to tell you that today was a glorious, wonderful, amazing day.
It was not.
But .... it wasn't un-survivable (yes, I know that's not a word), either.
I started off sitting in a room with a Son, listening to a school counselor and feeling like I was going to throw up for the next few hours. No, I didn't have to sit there for that long ..... that part of the morning was just an hour. It's just the feelings, the memories, the ... aloneness that waved over me.
Then I went to work and stayed busy, as usual.
After work I took Son #2 to the bank to open his first account, then to get his haircut, and then on a couple of more errands.
By the time we came home I had spent pretty much all I had to give for the day. Although I was ready to cook dinner when Son #3 came home from football practice ..... but then he told me he didn't want to eat what I had planned so ..... there you go. I was done for the evening. :)
I'm not sure what the Sons had to eat, though I think it was along the lines of Chef Boyardee.
Gotta love the Chef.
I then did laundry and paid bills. Don't be jealous. I know it's just too much fun for most people to stand.
Tomorrow Son #3 has his weekly football game. It's a home game (and a Wednesday, which is different). I'm really, really hoping that I will remember to take my camera to the game. Maybe ..... when you send in all of your inquisitive questions (ha! stop keeping track of my grammar tonight) .... you can send in a reminder for me to take the camera. We'll see how many reminders I get. Hopefully .... a lot. This could be fun! Send in more than one, if you want. I really will need them.
OK, here are a few pictures from a couple of weeks ago:
I can only post this one because you can't really see D#1, who doesn't want to appear on the blog. So I can't show her face. I guess that means I'm going to have to learn how to edit pictures so that I can put a big Jack-in-the-Box head on her body. Then maybe she'll change her mind. Doubtful, but you never know:
This is a beautiful mosaic that D#2 is making out of glass and stones. She started it at camp and this picture doesn't do it justice. It's very large and I think she's going to make it into a table top:

And her ever-so-handsome groom-to-be, R:
This is a card someone made that had a baby picture of R on the front of it:
These are from this past weekend in Dallas. D#2:
Son #1:
D #3:
D#2:
Cute little Melanie Oudin .... winning!!

This is S#1's dorm/frat room (even though he isn't in a frat):

Son #1 explaining the symbolism in this painting. Brownie points to anyone who can tell us who the artist is (yes, I do know). A hint ...... he's from Spain. Extra brownie points for anyone who knows the name of the painting:

This is the view from his door to his room (the back of the house):
What used to be the dining room:
This is the "sitting/living room":
With a flat screen tv:
So now you're all caught up on pictures, I believe.
It's time for me to pay more attention to the Open and cheer on Montfils ..... not that I don't like Nadal, because I do, but I'd like to Montfils move up in the ratings now. It's a good match but it's taking forever. I need to go to bed!!!
G'night, Peeps and don't forget to ask questions and remind me about ...... something .....
See?! I already forgot what it is!!!!
: )
12 comments:
rem: your camera
Remember to take the Spanish painting to the football game and the Camera that your son was explaining is called "nikon" by the spanish inventor Manuel Nikonzales.
Good evening my darlinng daughter.
DON'T FORGET TO TAKE YOUR CAMERA TO THE FOOTBALL GAME!!! Also, you told me the next home game was the 24th! I have an appointment to get my hair cut tomorrow, so we won't be able to come, but we're on for the 24th!
I love you very, very much.
I have an AMW question. What is the name of the painting Son#1 was explaining? Is it by a Spanish artist?
Don't forget your camera!!! ;)
Your friend,
p
For Ask Me Wednesday. What do you think of Roger Federer? We had reports here that he heard a baby crying in the crowd, and it spurred him to win over Tommy Robredo. Any advice for the father of twin girls?
Another question: Is there a habit you'd like to pick up? Is there a habit you would like to break?
great pics! have no idea who paintied the pic or what the name of it is...sorry...just not that into it. But I am into is looking at pictures sooooooo please don't forget your camera so I can see nephew #3 in all his glory...lol Love you tons chicky...hope today is better than yesterday. Oh and for ask me Wednesday...What do you do with 2 teenage boys that think they don't have to do a dang thing around the house. They do do their laundry but then sometimes leave it in the washing machine and I have to take it out and put it in the dryer. Then have to take it out of the dryer...do you fold it or just put it in the basket? I do have so many questions about teenage boys because my two step sons are about on my last nerve. Well... the 18 year old is...the 22 is somewhat ok sometimes. Any enlighting you might bestow upon me will be greatly appreciated! Love you Janine...so very much.
I have a couple questions for you (this is my first time asking).
Why doesn't D#1 want her picture on your blog? (Maybe you have answered that before, but I didn't see it).
Did you ever have any problems with your children wanting to quit stuff and if so, did you allow them to? My 6 year old just quit Football...and we allowed him too because he doesn't know what he is doing, the coaches weren't teaching him, and we were scared that he would get hurt. One of my twins who is 12...joined band this year and now he wants to quit because he said it is too hard. I told him no, but I wonder if I am being too hard on him. I don't want them to think they can keep quitting everything when things start to get a little tough.
That's it....DON'T FORGET TO TAKE YOUR CAMERA! Have a good day :-)
Bobbie
CAmera --- camera--camera. I am waiting with high anticipation on the "how do you get the son to finish laundry & take laundry to his room" question!
Lots of love!jybs
My question...I often forget to take my camera to events. Does that ever happen to you?
Here's my question-
Did the game get rained out?
Is it too late for a question?
Do you ever hear people's problems and then have to bite your tongue and say "Yeah but at least you still have your husband!" My aunt struggles with that one all the time!She isn't mean but she says it just pops into her head and makes her feel bad for thinking it!
Post a Comment