Saturday, September 5, 2009

Simply Saturday

It's now after 7:30 p.m. and Son #1 and I are hanging out at the house. The girls are on their way to Waco. It was great to spend some time with the 3 of them. Today we hung out and watched the US Open (oh my goodness we were so thrilled that little Melanie Oudin beat Maria Sharapova!!! There was much cheering and happiness amongst the three females here). After that game ended we all drove over to SMU to join the home game tailgate parties on the "Boulevard" there. There were a lot of tents set up and a boat-load of grilling going on. We walked around there for a bit and also saw Son #1's dorm, which used to be a frat house (until the frat boys were so naughty that they were kicked off of campus). It's a pretty decent place to live .... I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.
We left the school and had dinner at Macaroni Grill, which of course, was very good. We then came back to the house and the girls headed home.
I started watching a program on the History channel about the Mayan prediction of the world ending in December of 2012. I must say, I don't see what the big deal is. I am more than ready and this doesn't scare/bother me one bit. Of course, 21 months ago ..... it would have. Today .... not so much. Not at all.
I find it very interesting and look forward to the movie coming out ... mostly because the special effects look great.
Tomorrow Son #1 and I will go to the church he attends (or .... sometimes attends) with A & M. I look forward to attending this church ... since I think it's very much like the church we attended in Tulsa, back when we only had 4 kids. We'll see.
Son #1 has changed the channel. Guess he's not as interested in the end of the world as I am.
Time for me to sign off.
Today was a good day, Peeps. Thank you for praying us through it. Of course the worries and the stress aren't gone, but I was able to lay them aside for most of the day to focus on the 3 kids here.
Thank you for praying when I can't (which is very Biblical) and for not judging me for how deep into the pit/cave I'm in (also very Biblical). For those who would judge .... I know the only reason they can judge is that they have never, ever lost their soul mate .... the spouse they rely on .... the person who is half of them. Or maybe, they judge because their relationship is not like that. If that's the case .... I'm very sorry ..... because I would rather have had it and lost it, than never to have had it before (and yes, some people are judging me in their comments .... but I'm choosing to not publish those and start WWIII!! I have the best Peeps in the world and I know they'd jump right in there to defend me). Besides, those commentors are few and far between, so I can easily dismiss and delete them.
I am not perfect .... in fact, I'm further from perfect than anyone I know. I am grieving the only way I know how .... and I'm OK with it. More importantly, I think God's OK with it. Grieving is a very selfish thing. Very. And there's not much I can do about that, unless I try to not grieve and then I'm sure I'll have a huge amount of baggage to deal with later.
So I grieve the way I grieve ... right or wrong, and I try to move ahead ..... one breath at a time.
One step forward, 3 steps back.
Sometimes.
And that's OK.
For me anyway.

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

Seriously, who are these people judging you and saying mean things??? I mean, what on earth could they be saying? As far as I can tell, 21 months ago your whole world came crashing down around your ears, and you have done your best to handle it with grace and dignity and love. I applaud you, I'm amazed by you, and though its not always easy, I can see you are handling it as best as you can. Shame on people for judging you. You are amazing.

Janine said...

Thanks Kirsten. Funnily enough, they always sign in anonymously. :)

Anonymous said...

I love you and I am praying for you.

Nat said...

I really think your therapist nailed it when she talked about your 1st year of grieving really began this year. The "real" first year was more a state of shock and just a state of trying to function on a daily basis. I know there is no way to completely understand your depth of grief and despair. All I can offer is to continue to pray for you and all the kids and love you all.