Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tomorrow is Wednesday ....

...... so unless you're brand-spanking new to my blog (and I wonder if anyone is today?) then you know that tomorrow is "Ask Me Wednesday", the day I answer all of the questions you've been dying to ask. Or, just the questions that you ask because you're bored at the moment and can't think of doing anything but sitting in front of your computer.
You can ask anything .... questions on parenting, grief, widowhood, marriage, laughter, raising 6 kids, living through raising 6 kids, not killing any of the 6 kids before you raise them (a feat I have not yet accomplished, but hope to), not killing any pets in the house with 6 kids (nope, never did that one either, though sorely tempted), cooking ..... roflmbo ...... OK, maybe no questions on cooking, organization (yes, I love organizing and even have been paid to do it before for someone), whatever.
If you ask one that's too personal (and not much is) or harmful then I reserve the right to act ignorant and say I never received your question. Hey, it's my blog and who can prove anything? :)

I've been at work since 7:45 this morning ..... it's now past 5:30, thus I am a bit wacky and a lot weary.
I have Circle tonight, so will be spending some time with my friends who are also on this sucky path called widowhood. In spite of the depressing sound of the group .... we always laugh a lot. Quite a lot.
All of the kids seem to be doing well this week .... as long as I don't look at grades. And I don't, so we're all happy. That was something I had to learn how to do .... I slip up sometimes but for the most part I'm staying strong. At least that's what my therapist says.
OK, I still have to send out a few work e-mails and check my Facebook so I'd best close this post.
See you tomorrow, Peeps.
Ask away.
And have a good evening.
: )

9 comments:

kikibibi said...

J - do you ever watch the Biggest Loser? OMG it's on right now and I am totally bawling!

Leslie said...

Just want you to know that I still read you daily and at the end of a very bad day (like today), manage to fine solace in your "average" post. I guess that's akin to you being next door and I stop over for us to check on each other. Wish we lived that close. Hugs.

RJ said...

As I drink a diet coke, following on from a morning Latte, I have a question for AMW.

When did you allow your children to drink Coke, tea and coffee?

We were raised with "Coke rots your guts, my grandfather used it to strip the rust off a nail" so it was absolutely OUT for us until we started spending our own money and went to university. Our mother was a health-food nut anyway so we didn't have fizzy drinks (what you would call soda) in the house, except for Dad's drinks cabinet supply for guests. Lemonade (US=Sprite) was a special treat - no more than once a week, more like Birthdays and Christmas.

My parents drank tea, rather than coffee too. We generally didn't want tea, but were allowed really weak tea when little - mostly milk with a dash of tea.

As children my mother had enough milk delivered for the family that each child would drink a pint of milk a day, so we normally had milk

Anyway - what was your family rule on soda/coffee/caffeine?

p said...

AMW:
Has your dentist ever commented on the inside of your mouth from your chewing? Have you talked to either dr or dentist about it, and do they have any advice? Yes, I'm guilty of it too.

Anonymous said...

Did you ever take a child out of an extra-curricular activity due to time/money?



Lisa B

Anonymous said...

Do you think you'll make any major lifestyle changes once all of your kids are off at school? Have you thought that far ahead?

Angie said...

Have any of your kids seem to have zero motivation? Our 19 year old son seems to have no motivation in life? He doesn't know what he wants to do with his life. Isn't in college but is working full time with his dad (who complains about how little motivation he has at work too). I'm not sure that I'd call him "lazy" but he's sitting close to that line. He's still living at home but thinks he should be allowed to come and go as he pleases. I wonder if making him get a place of his own or paying us rent will motivate him any....any thoughts?
Also, not a question, just a statement....You amaze me!! I check in daily, even though I've only commented once. A few weeks ago when you wrote about having to let certainly friends go touched me more than you could ever know. I've been there for about 3 months, so your words meant a lot to me.
Take care.

Angie said...

Have any of your kids seem to have zero motivation? Our 19 year old son seems to have no motivation in life? He doesn't know what he wants to do with his life. Isn't in college but is working full time with his dad (who complains about how little motivation he has at work too). I'm not sure that I'd call him "lazy" but he's sitting close to that line. He's still living at home but thinks he should be allowed to come and go as he pleases. I wonder if making him get a place of his own or paying us rent will motivate him any....any thoughts?
Also, not a question, just a statement....You amaze me!! I check in daily, even though I've only commented once. A few weeks ago when you wrote about having to let certainly friends go touched me more than you could ever know. I've been there for about 3 months, so your words meant a lot to me.
Take care.

Anonymous said...

Hi Janine, I might be a little late for AMW so you can answer next week if that works. My question is how do you handle the house rules when your kids come home from college? My son has just started school 5 hours away and will only be coming home about every 6 weeks. I know he has total freedom where he is right now which I am okay with (What I cannot see cannot hurt me LOL). I feel that when he comes home our house rules still apply. I don't go to my mother's house and ignore her wishes and I am 44! I think no matter how old you are or what your living arrangements are you are still required to respect other people's rules - it is disrespectful. I am preparing for the first homecoming because I know this will come up. It came up before he left with "in a few days I will be able to do whatever I want".
Thanks
Kim