Being out of town muddles my brain. I keep thinking today is Friday. But it's Thursday. Right?
At least, I think it's Thursday.
It had better be Thursday or I missed the dinner with my sorority sisters last night!! (Pure Joy -- Gamma Phi Beta)
V and I are headed into town in a little bit and then meeting up with everyone for some great Mexican food and even greater (don't judge my grammar) conversation and company. I can't wait. :)
Yesterday she picked me up from the airport, we stopped for lunch and then spent the rest of the day at home. It was very, very nice.
She had to run some errands in the afternoon so I volunteered to stay home with C, her 7 year old daughter.
I totally forgot what it's like to be with a 7 year old girl.
Totally.
We played games.
Notice the "s" on the end of that word.
I think we played 5 or 6 gameS to be exact.
And let me tell you, it was a crying shame that we couldn't find the remote for the "Hannah Montanna" dvd game.
Yes indeed.
And no, I didn't hide it (that's what V thought, too). I seriously helped C turn over every sofa cushion and look under every chair.
A crying shame.
Of course, this was before she kicked my butt in the Dora the Explorer memory game .... three times.
And before she kicked it in the Care Bears memory game .... twice.
Ha ..... but I beat her twice in Mancala.
And she beat me three times in the Thomas the Tank Engine puzzle game. But hey, I won once.
There were a couple of other games in there, too .... but evidently my memory is so poor that I can't remember ..... or beat a 2nd grader in a memory game.
.... sigh ....
OK, before I get too depressed over being one step away from dementia ..... I shall close and get ready to go.
Oh, by the way ...... RJ totally wins hands down for eating the strangest stuff. Lamb brains?! Seriously?
Hmmmmmmmm .... I wonder if you eat the brains of other creatures you gain brain power? Not with lambs of course, which have very little brain power, but .........
I'm just asking.
See you later, Peeps. Have a good Thursday.
I know I will.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment