Thursday, December 6, 2012

Just To Give You a Small Slice ......

....... of what it's like to have me for a mother, I now share with all of you an email that I sent my lovely children today.

You may share it with whomever, as long as you give me the credit.  I've worked long and hard to have a "mean mom" reputation, so don't screw that up for me.

If you'd like, read it to your children so that they'll grab you by the neck and thank you profusely for their great blessing of having you as their parent.

And not me.
:)

Happy Thursday, Peeps.
Enjoy reading.



An e-mail to my children:

Well, hello to all of my wonderful, sweet, thoughtful, considerate, though sometimes less than law-abiding children.

For 2 months now I've been dealing with something with which I no longer wish to deal.  I realize that this does not apply to all 6 of you, but I just sent it to all of you so as not to make any one, two or three of you feel embarrassed (though I somehow doubt you would anyway).

It seems that some of you have been choosing to run through toll ways without stopping for even a fraction of a second to toss in a few coins.
Actually, the state of Texas frowns on that.
A lot.
(And no, these weren't the tolls where you "drive through now, pay later".  These were actual "drive through and break the law" tolls.)

Texas can be a very slow state.  As proved by the first notice I received last month for a car that ran a toll 3 times.  Back in March of 2011, I believe.  And now I have a very lovely picture of the rear end of said car.  I think I like it so much because something about this car reminds me of my carefree days at OSU.  Ahhh, those were great days.  :)
I sent in the payment because in less than 30 days it goes up 3 times the amount.

Yes, they are slow, but once they catch up, they push forth with a vengeance.

Yesterday I received 2 separate bills for 2 separate cars.  The first ran through a toll 4 times:  on March 31st, again on March 31st and then two more times on August 28th ... all of this year.
I also have a delightful picture of the rear end of this car.  It reminds me of the kind of car one likes to drive out in the country, enjoying the sights and smells of nature.  As long as there isn't too much nature. :)

The last one I received yesterday is for a car that also ran through  tolls 4 different times.  Twice on March 31st (at around 4:00 p.m. and then again at around 8:15 p.m.).  I wonder what it was about that day?  Hmmmmmmm .......
The next two fines are from September 16th and then on October 6th.
I now have what one might call a "collection" or a "gallery" of car rear end photos.
So unique.
This last car reminds of something, too ..... but I can't quite put my finger on it.  Let's see ....... Ah, Yes!  It reminds me of my favorite color of jewelry ..... which of course is silver.  I love sterling silver.  Or even white gold.  And titanium .... well, it's probably the best since it'll last forever, but who can afford it?  Or the white gold for that matter.

Anyway, I digress.
But I did so enjoy going back down memory lane while looking at the rear end of your cars.
So thanks for that.

But here's where I must stop traipsing through happy memories and get down to business.  One can't spend all of one's time traipsing, now can one?  If one did, nothing would get done.
And children might just continue speeding right through toll booths all willy-nilly.
And we can't have that, can we?

So I'll tell you what I'm going to do.
I paid these two last bills today.  Probably because of the happy traipsing.
But today is the last day this will occur.

Or, I should say, this is the last day that this will occur without consequences hitting the pocket books of those involved.

Starting tomorrow, Thursday, December the 7th, if I receive one of these lovely pictures/bills from the Texas Tollway Authority, I will charge the owner of said car 10 (ten) times the amount of the toll.
Yep, more than Texas will if you pay it late.  Texas is not your mother.  I am.  And I will be more than happy to take deductions out where I can.
And I have no doubt at all ...... that you have NO doubt at all ...... that this will be done.

Before I bid you all 6 a fond farewell, might I make a suggestion?  Of course you can take it or leave it, but I'll just gently toss it out there:  you might want to go to www.txdmv.gov and find out what one has to do to get one's car registered into one's own name.  You'll find some very interesting forms there that you'll want to print off and bring with you when you come home for Christmas because ..... Surprise!!!! ..... that's how we're going to spend one of our days together.  So please make sure you have everything you need.  I would so hate to assign penalties for missing paperwork.
But I will.
:)

Thank you so much, my darlings for your rapt attention and for doing what you can to make sure that I never have to add to my Gallery again.

And for the two of you who have already gone through the process of putting your cars in your names ..... kudos, joy and snowflake kisses to you!  And money kept in your pocket!

All of my love, my dears and I can't wait to see you all here when you can break away from the grindstone!!!
You are loved beyond measure and missed just as much,
Mom

10 comments:

Andrea Renee said...

HAHA! That's a great letter!!

So sorry about the headache, though...

Beth said...

Love love love it. Havent run across this partic prob yet but almost want to just so i can send this email. With credit to you of course!!!! Sorry tho you are having to deal with it....

Toni said...

Oh my gosh, you made my day! That is too funny!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So funny, Janine! For us, your readers, not so funny for the kids! Vicki

Janine said...

Oh, I'm sure the kids found plenty of humor in it, Vicki.
Especially the ones who knew they are in the clear. :)

Anonymous said...

Standing O for you!

Tammie Lewis said...

beyond funny! Love it, and wish I were a fly on the wall during Christmas. Merry Christmas (early) to you and your children (even the lawbreakers) :)

Anonymous said...

That was fantastic. You are a great Mom!! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Janine..................
A few years back I was driving in unfamilar territory, here in Florida,and I came across a toll area that had a string of 7 toll booths. I accidently got in the wrong lane,,,,, one that was for people with a window decal. I was so upset,and was looking around for someone to explain myself to, and my (not so law abiding) son said, "step on it, Mom,,,get the hell outta' here"!! I was so concerned & worried that the next day I called the appropriate number to tell them what had happened, and that I didn't mean to run the toll. They thanked me for calling and said that I wouldn't be fined! Great idea that you have to get the car in the toll runner's name!!!! Bet he learns to stop and pay!!!

Anonymous said...

Ooooops,,that last comment was from Jacquelyn