Sunday, September 9, 2007

It's a new day!!

Why is it that boys - or should I say MY boys (though I think this is common to the gender) seem to think that each new day means new rules? The rules that applied yesterday certainly don't apply today because it's a NEW day! Why do I have to say EVERY night, "Set your alarm", "take a shower", "actually get in the tub and turn on the water", "use soap on your body and shampoo on your hair"? Why does the boy brain not hold certain information over a 24 hour period? I don't get it. I'd also like to know why, as soon as a boy hits 13, he can't multi task? It took me a while to get used to this phenomenon when our eldest son became a teenager. Before then I could send him upstairs to pick the wet towels up off of the floor, turn off the light and bring down his laundry. After that magical birthday he could only do one thing. He seemed clueless when I asked him about the other two! "Why didn't you turn out the light and bring down the laundry?" "Huh?" followed by a pause as he stared off in confusion. "I sent you up to pick up the towels, turn off the light and bring down your laundry." The dawn of recognition hits his face ... "Ohhhh yeaaaaah ...... I forgot." I think I wondered a few times if he was hanging with the wrong crowd and killing brain cells after school. But I think those brain cells get killed off all on their own after thirteen. That's my theory anyway, as flawed as it might be.

No comments: